Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Recap

Our weekend started on Thursday night when we headed over to see MK and MK2. Little Bug and MK2 had a great time playing with the Motos I have brought for them to enjoy. Of course, Little Bug discovered a new talent Yes, that is my Little Bug bent and determined to climb on the table to get his Moto. He has been trying to climb more and more things at home. I am really going to have watch him extra carefully now- he does things behind my back.
Sitting on the stairs with MK2- you would think that they are ANGELS- you're right!! They are angels, precious gifts from God.
MK2 so happy that Little Bug let go over her neck. She had minor surgery on Thursday morning- she is such a little trooper.
Well, we might ignore you with that camera- the flashes are hurting out eyes.
Friday evening- Little Bug "played" on the computer while I cooked dinner. He really wanted to play with my work computer sitting next to the home computer- but he is not allowed to touch that one. This was actually the first time I let him "play"on the home computer.

Another view of him playing. I guess I am going to have to break down and get a kid friendly game for him. Years ago, I ran a computer software store and there was a series that I loved "Reader Rabbit". I will have to check to see if it still around. After I got done cleaning up, our friends L and J came over for dinner and to play with us. J is about 6 months younger than Little Bug- but a whole lot more active. WOW- L hands her hands full with her little man. He is too cute. Little Bug giving J the loving neck strangle. I am not sure how to handle the neck strangle. There is a good chance that Little Bug caused J to cry by hugging him to hard. Neither L or I saw the event. I hate to blame Little Bug for anything I have not seen, but he is prone to strangling you when he gives you hugs. I keep telling him "gentle". I hope this works.
A close up of J. He is a cute little guy. L and I had the same lawyer for our adoption cases.

On Saturday morning, we headed over to the adoption fair. I was picking up some information for a friend who is interested in international adoption. In the morning, all the agencies (domestic, international, Foster care), home study agencies and law offices came and handed out literature. After I picked up the info for my friend, I sat down at the back of the room to let Little Bug play for a while since I was speaking on a panel in the afternoon. Little Bug's toys were all the rage in the toddler boy set. Here E (Guatemala) and P (Russia) were playing with Motos and Animalitoes (Noah's ark from Guatemala). It was interesting that the 3 boys were all in Red. They all looked so cute.

Here we are with the social worker from my home study agency. She conducted all the pre-adoption classes I had to take for my home study. She is so sweet.
I did not get pictures of the panel discussion I was on in the afternoon. But picture 3 families who have adopted internationally- first family with a 10 month old from Ethiopia, second family with a 4 year old from China and me with a 2 year old from Guatemala. Guess which kid spent the 1.5 hours entertaining the audience with his antics-- Yes, you are correct. Little Bug offered stickers to the audience, discovered that the water bottle from one of the other families was 1/2 full and made a wonderful noise when pounded on his head, the table, the floor. He discovered that the 4 year old was coloring and he wanted to help. He informed the group that he had gone "poo-poo". He found the trash can and it's lid that made noise. Can you picture all this. I must say that the audience was great and really and truly, Little Bug never got out of hand- he was just being a typical 2 year old- exploring his world. Which is fantastic, he felt comfortable enough and secure enough to run around and be himself.
One other significant thing happened- on our way back from lunch, Little Bug prayed to Jesus!!! Normally, he tells me to talk to Jesus and I say the prayers- but he sat in the back seat of the car and prayed. Yes it was softly said, yes it was 1 sentence (3 words), but he is getting it. He is getting how to pray.


On to Sunday. Our church was later in the morning- all the services combined into one bug service right at Little Bug's nap time. So before church, we had plenty of time to play. This is Little Bug dancing with momma. We are doing the twist. Yes, he has a sucker in his mouth. He does not get sweets very often (contrary to the pictures) and I had promised him this sucker weeks ago and saved it until he asked for it.
Getting the arm swing down pat.
And then- he needed a tissue, so I sent him to get one, thinking that He would bring me some tissue. Well, he came back a few minutes later and pointed to the bathroom. This is what I found when I walked into the bathroom.
He is so proud of his pile of tissues. I need to talk to A- apparently E is sending thoughts to Little Bug and they are not the thoughts that I want Little Bug to act on.

Just in case you all are wondering what the heck I am doing posting a blog in the middle of the work day- I took today as a vacation day. Little Bug is at my sister's. I was able to have a massage this morning, then have lunch and come home to clean out the spare bedroom. I should have taken a picture of what it looked like before I started cleaning, but I would like you all to think that I have my life together (NOT!!), so I did not take any pictures that could be used as evidence. I have 2 boxes to carry down stairs tonight and get put away and then the room is ready for Uncle Dave.
Tonight Little Bug and I start Parent/Child swim classes at the Y. I am looking forward to these.
Well, have a great day.
Love to you,
Momma Bug


1 comment:

Christina said...

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of him with all the toilet paper...I know another little one that likes to do that.