Monday, October 8, 2007

No pictures- the camera needs batteries

Well, I was all set to post picture tonight, but the camera will not download them to the computer because the batteries are dying in the camera. I don't understand why the camera insists on eating my batteries- I must replace them monthly.

So on to updates:
My dad: he has an 8 inch incision in his back, a steel rod and 8 screws. We saw him Saturday and he was 100% improved over the previous week. He had been told that he would not be allowed to come home until at least 18Oct2007, but now the doctors says he is doing so well that he could come home this Friday.
Which brings up a prayer concern- tonight as my mom was leaving the hospital, she backed the car into a pole and now the car has to be repaired. My dad loves his cars, they are his whole self worth sometimes, he is not going to be happy when he hears about this. My mom was so afraid to drive the car just for fear of this happening. Please pray that my dad will realize that it is just a car and it can be repaired.

Little Bug is doing well- the boy is hungry all the time, so I thin we are about to hit a growth spurt. I should measure him in the morning to see how tall he is. I know is almost back to pre-Chicago weight, which is a relief.

I went through his clothes last night and pulled out all his summer clothes that he will not be able to wear next year. They are going to Hermano for him to wear next year. I found out that Little Bug needs socks- the joys of cold weather. So we bought some socks tonight and I will try to buy some more socks over the next few weeks so that he has enough non skid socks for here at home and enough thick athletic, non skid socks for day care.

My sister now has a Japanese high school student living at her house. I am not pleased that there was no transition for Little Bug, he does not do well with new people and new routines- but if was my sister's decision and by the time I found out, it was a done deal.

We have our second post adoption visit from the social worker this Wednesday. This report will allow me to complete the paperwork for re-adopt/have the state recognize Little Bug's foreign adoption. This will give him a state Birth Certificate should it be needed for schooling (college), military service and should he ever choose to build his family through adoption it will be easier for him to obtain his birth certificate versus having to request one from Guatemala. Hopefully the paperwork will go smoothly and we will have our court hearing in January.

I think those are the updates for tonight. I will have to got to store at lunch tomorrow and get batteries so I can upload the pictures tomorrow night.

Please if you have not signed the petition or called/emailed/written your congressmen concerning the Ortega Bill in Guatemala- please take the time to do so- children and families are counting on you.


Love to you,
Momma Bug

3 comments:

JuJu - said...

praying for your dad:)

Julia:)

JuJu - said...

praying for your dad:)

Julia:)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Praying that your dad gets better everyday.