Thursday, October 4, 2007

Catching up on pictures and such

OK, these are all pictures from last week that I have been meaning to post, but with all the news out of Guatemala I held off. Please sign the petition and use the information in my earlier posts to contact government officials.


Now on to the pictures. Last Friday was "Homecoming" for the football team at my nephew's school. So of course there was a parade the night before. This was the first full parade for Little Bug. You have to get there early for a prime seat, so Bug and I were there 1.5 hours before the parade started. We eat dinner at the pizza place and then took our spot. Little Bug loves my folding chair because the foot stool is the perfect height for him to use a seat.

Here comes the parade- first the fire trucks, ambulances and police cars come into view with lights and sirens going. Once Little Bug figured out that they were going to keep this noise up as they passed him, he was not to happy. He ended up in my arms for the remainder of the parade.
We did convenience him that the candy being thrown from the cars, tricks and participants was worthwhile to pick up. He managed to pick up 4 pieces of candy and we adults picked up the rest for him.
The High School Marching Band rounds the corner and Little Bug knows what that means- Jas is going to be coming by playing the drums (hopefully)

WOW- instead of having to walk the parade route, Jas got to be in the band truck, playing the drum cymbals. Little Bug was so excited to see him and I was excited to get a picture of Jas looking at us. After the High School marching band went by, a group of kids came by playing plastic buckets as drums. Little Bug was so excited- he likes to beat on the plastic buckets around our house and Auntie Lulu's house.
So on Friday night- I took Little Bug to the park for some playtime. He insisted on wearing his shades. He thinks he is cooler than cool when he wears them.
Going down the big slide- such a big boy he is becoming.
Playing his drum. He needed a stool so sitting on top of the drum served his purpose.


So into his music and loving it all.
After our trip to Chicago, I decided that we needed to go see the aquarium in our city. This is not the front of the aquarium- it is the fish outside the seafood restaurant right across the square from the aquarium. Anyone find that comical that a seafood restaurant would be right across the square from the aquarium? I laugh every time I think it about it.

Touching the starfish in the tide pool. This is an area that is set up specifically for touching some of the animals found in the ocean.
Touching a horseshoe crab. After this Little Bug lost interest with touching the "fishies" so we moved on.
to touching the small sharks (too cool). Little Bug was willing to look at the sharks, but he would not touch them. He did like the shark scale in the room, thinking it was a swing. He had to get in it a weigh himself repeatedly. According to the shark scale, he weights as much as the smallest shark in the ocean (21 pounds). But I can't trust the scale because when I sat on it, it was off by a good 100 pounds (which was not such a bad thing for my ego).After the seeing the 'fishies" we headed over to the bookstore for some shopping which turned into play time for Little Bug when he found the train table set up in the children's section. I had to buy some more books fr my secret blog pal's children.
Which brings me to my final thought for the night- I have been very bad in sending out a Thank You. Thank you Jennifer for the awesome photo booklet of Little Bug and I. I love it, love it, love it. I took it to a business meeting the following Wednesday and it was such a great way to show off my little bug to colleagues who had been hearing about him for months (during the process and after he came home) but who had never seen his pictures. Since I work from home, they don't see his picture scrolling across my computer screen all the time. Now they have seen his pictures and your gift was a great way to show him off. Thank you again.
Have a great evening all- go sign the petition, call your congressmen, contact UNICEF, etc. Children and families are depending on our action.
Love to you,
Momma Bug


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so so welcome for the little album. I'm just sorry the qality of the photo's weren't better... but what could I do since I was "stealing" them off your blog :) Our blog look great on screen but the print horribly.

Speaking of SBP... have they/we been "exposed" yet? I thought it was over the end of September... but I can't remember who was coordinating it, so I don't know who to ask.

-Jenny

Deb said...

Jenny,

The photo quality was just fine. The secret blog pals were outed. They are on Carla's blog on the post from 09/24/2007. But here is the list. Can you send me your blog address- I checked th Jennifer blog in Michelle's blog roll, but I don't think that was you.

SBP REVEAL....
subtitle: it aint pretty---but it gets the message out. Leave me a comment if youre at all confused!


Bobbi was the SBP for Beth

Beth was the SBP for Stephanie

Stephanie was the SBP for Emily

Emily was the SBP for Shannon

Shannon was the SBP for Heather

Heather was the SBP for Joanna

Joanna was the SBP for Carrie

Carrie was the SBP for Samantha

Samantha was the SBP for Jennifer T.

Jennifer T was the SBP for Amanda

Amanda was the SBP for Seegal

Seegal was the SBP for Jane

Jane was the SBP for Caryn

Caryn was the SBP for Eleanor

Eleanor was the SBP for Diana

Diana was the SBP for Farrah

Farrah was the SBP for Nicole

Nicole was the SBP for Alleen

Alleen was the SBP for Katie

Katie was the SBP for Gail

Gail was the SBP for Dottie

Dottie was the SBP for Jennifer R.

Jennifer was the SBP for Deb C.

Deb C. was the SBP for Judy

Judy M was the SBP for Bobbi