Wednesday, October 24, 2007

No pictures- just news

So, no pictures, but I will have some tomorrow.

I have been pretty under the weather (literally) lately. I have migraines that are triggered by low pressure systems and since Sunday evening, we have had rain storm after rain storm roll through the area. So on the back side of each storm, the pressure changes, triggering another migraine. Usually I can hold them at bay with medication, but Monday and Tuesday, the migraines had me throwing up (yep- I hope you were not eating while you read that). They were so bad on Mondy eveing into Tuesday morning that I could not work- it hurt to see light, my stomach was flip-flopping, etc. I ended up calling in sick (still worked about 2.5 hours through the day- the joys of working from home). By the end of the day on Tuesday, I was feeling much better- I thought things were looking up and the migraines were gone

My brother came over Tuesday night to talk about moving in with me (more on that later) and I put the Little Bug to bed, turn on his Vick's vaporizer (with the Vick's pad in the proper slot) and go back out to talk to my brother. Within 30 minutes we were both feeling horrible and my migraine was back with a vengeance. Connection? Yes, the Vick's vaporizer pad was exacerbating my migraines. So lesson learned, not pad in the vaporizer. Little Bug now just gets the vapor rub put on his chest and the vaporizer turned on to put more moisture in his room and ease his breathing.
Today, after having no vaporizer last night- my migraine was the usual, manageable migraine- treatable with over the counter medication. Definitely that vaporizer pad was the issue. Evil things- now I have to find my reciept to return the partially used box and the unopened box.

My brother's news:
He is interviewing for a new job, which he was given an offer for. So in 2 weeks, he will be moving home to our city. More than that, he is going to be living with Little Bug and me for approximately 4-5 months (until March/April) while his lease runs out on his apartment in the other city and he finds a place here. So, I will be cleaning out the spare bedroom, and organizing things in the basement since all his stuff is coming too.

It will be exciting around here over the next few months. D. has 2 cats. My house has been cat free for a 2 years now. My last cat died right after Christmas of 2005. I never got new cats because in 1999 (after I had my cats for 5 years), I learned I was allergic to cats. So I will be back on allergy meds daily while the cats are here and probably for another year after that. I am excited, though, the cats are very nice and they are both de-clawed. I am just worried that Little Bug will not understand "gentle"- he is used to playing with big dogs all day.

But- this will be an adventure- so off we go into this adventure.

Pictures tomorrow- I have a bunch I need to download from the camera.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Christina said...

I soooo feel for you and the migraine crud. They can definitely put a damper on alot of things.
I too am allergic to cats but just found this out this past year and 3 cats later. Do you think if I let the kitties out they might just run away? lol.