Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall: Swings and Nature Hikes

I want to give a shout out to Heidi who posted on her blog about how she takes her "almost twins" out for natures walks and it wears them out. I decided to try it tonight with Little Bug.

First though, we headed to the swings for some fun. I think I am going to get 4 seasons of pictures on this swing and collage them since the tree is the center piece. The weather was mid 50s, but lots of wind- therefore a hat and mittens were needed for Little Bug. He cried so hard when I put the hat on him, that I relented and made him wear a baseball hat instead- but he pulled it off once he got on the swing Momma and Little Bug at the tree- I might have to get this one printed.
After swinging, we took a walk around the park- nice trails that go back out of site of the playground. I figured Little Bug and I could find lots of leaves to put together a gift for the foreign exchange student living with my sister. I think we scored big time.
2 happy leaf picker uppers.
Still finding them

Hey Momma, let's go this way
Nice secluded area- just over the hill is the school football field
Stump cut like a chair that Little Bug had to sit on.
Picking up leaves, then realizing that I had gotten down to take a picture- so he sat down on the path
After walking, we played some more at the playground. This is the CHOOCHOO Train.

My son, the soon to be gymnast. He is swinging on anything and everything suddenly.
One happy Little Bug
Playing with the big swings

Finally- Folks we see regularly have been telling me that Little Bug looks bigger- but he doesn't to me. So I got out the measuring tape and low and behold, he has grown .75 inches in the last month (YIKES)- no wonder the 18 month pants really don't fit and the 2T stuff fits perfectly.
So at 26.5 months, her are his stats:
Height: 35.75 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 24.2 pounds (between 5-10th percentile)
Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I agree, the nature walks wears them out and they are soon ready to crash. I love the pic of you and little bug together.