Friday, November 23, 2007

Snow and more Christmas decorating

We had our first snow of the season this morning. My roses look great with snow covering them. I bundled up the Little Bug (yes, mom- I serious never thought about doing otherwise- stop laughing now) and took him out back to see the snow. The snow was sticking to his slide and I realized I need to get the garden hose put away.
Little Bug took a very short walk into the grass and declared that he was done-"all done snow". Poor baby, momma completely agrees with you. Once I have seen snow for the season, I am ready for no more snow - but it just beginning.
Cleaning off the slide.
Cleaning up the counter in the kitchen. Little Bug woke up from his nap while I was cleaning off the turkey bones- we had 3 pounds of turkey meat left from Thanksgiving. He decided that he wanted to help me clean up. I cleaned first then let him wipe down the counter one last time.
After lunch, we hung Christmas lights. This involved the 8 foot ladder - thanks Pap, Uncle Dave holding the ladder and me hooking the lights to the gutter. We need one more set of lights and it will be done. Little Bug supervised.

Here he is telling me that I need my gloves on- it is too cold for bare hands!!!
Still working on the lights.
Little Bug bored with it all and deciding that the porch swing was a better place to supervise from.
Little Bug finally met the kitties. This is Snickers deciding that she has had enough of this kid who just want to pet her.



Uncle Dave did get them close together for a few seconds.
After hanging out and playing - we headed outside to look at the lights- the picture of our house did not turn out- so I will try again tomorrow. But this is the neighbor's house.
This is the same neighbor's house with the flash turned off on my camera. Little Bug is pointing out something on the train. Tomorrow it is off to the post office to mail a package to Carlos, Mireya, and Family. Then we are helping Pap rake up the leaves in his yard. Then we are finishing up Christmas shopping with Mam and I might get my Christmas Cards completed and ready to be mailed. Yes, it is a long day.
Love to you all,
Momma Bug


1 comment:

Katie said...

The snow looks WONDERFUL !! Your doing a great job getting ready for the season!!