Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Musings on life with a toddler

So, no pictures tonight- there will be some tomorrow- my sister is taking pictures of Little Bug through the day. I might also try to get some pictures of him at swim lessons.

I thought I would speak to the interesting events that happen in the house with Little Bug- in particular- events with KEYS.

Friday, Little Bug and I ran some errands in the morning and when we came home, I put my keys on the desk in the living room rather than hang them up. Little Bug was playing and having a good time. I left the room and did some laundry and then we decided to go out again to the grocery store. My keys were gone. I was freaking out- I do have an extra set of keys, but my YMCA membership fobs are on the key chain that was lost. I looked everywhere, called stores and turned the house upside down looking for the keys. I called Mam and Pap to see if the keys were there. Finally, we left the house using the other set of keys, but the whole time, I was racking my brain trying to figure out where the keys had gone.

Later that night, as I watched Little Bug play with an empty purse, the light bulb went off in my head. I got the purse back from Little Bug, opened it up and there were my keys. The toddler magnet is in full force in Little Bug. Ye,s anything you have that he wants is fair game. I have learned my lesson- no keys on a surface that Little Bug can reach.

The same rules apply to Christmas tree ornaments- every time he walks by the tree- he reaches out and touches the ornaments. I had to move some ornaments to higher branches last night so that he would stop touching them and lessen the risk of the ornaments being broken.

We'll have to see what else he can find in the coming weeks.

Tonight, he and I took a drive through our neighborhood to look at lights on houses. Yes, it is early, but he is so excited to see them- OH WOW, OH WOW, OH WOW are the words from the backseat. I can't wait to take him out again when there are more lights up and to take him to the zoo in a couple of weeks- they have thousands of lights and so many neat things.

Well, I am off to finish Christmas Cards- they are going out this weekend- if you would like one, send me your address.

Love to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally had to resort to hanging my keys on a magnetic hook way up high on the door. :-) The diaper bag goes up on a wall hook as soon as we get home because someone likes to run away with my wallet. Funny how she knows the importance of the credit card already!

Good luck!
Ann and E