Friday, November 16, 2007

Pictures- not coming tonight- need to speak

So I have pictures from this week and I will post them, but something has happened to a stranger-friend (someone you know only via a yahoo group, forum, email, etc).

So here is the deal;
I moderate a a yahoo group. In this group, there are families whose adoption processes make mine look like a cake walk. Some of the families have been waiting for, fighting for, praying for their children to come home for 2 years.
In the case of one family, the judge ordered that their daughter be placed in a hogar (orphanage) and that she be placed for domestic adoption in Guatemala (this after 2 years of them waiting to bring her home) and should a Guatemalan family not be found, then they would be marked as the international family. Well, this week, the family found out that the hogar went back to the judge and got the domestic adoption portion taken out and then referred the child to another family in the US!!!!!!!

I am sorry, but this is unbelievable- the hogar is run by an agency in the US- they knew about the first family who had been waiting, praying, fighting for T for 2 years. This agency claims to be christian- but I am sorry- being Christian does not mean that you stick it to another family just because they don't meet your "standards of Christianity". You don't put a family through that pain and devastation.
My heart is heavy for T and her family as they deal with this blow- it was bad enough to be told that they could not proceed immediately with the adoption, they had to wait for the domestic options to be exhausted, but to be stabbed in the back by a US agency who knew the story, who probably is not telling the new family the story just SUCKS!!! Word is getting out, people are talking- what is done in the darkness will be brought to light.

Please pray for T, please pray for the family that has waited for her for 2 years. God is bigger than this agency, he is bigger then all of this- he can make this right.


Love to you,
Momma Bug

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I read about that family's situation on another group. It is just AWFUL!!! And the agency is beyond reprehension. Please let them know they are in our thoughts.

Julie said...

When I read this, it literally made me sick to my stomach. Other than keeping them in my prayers, is there anything else we can do? I thank God everyday for Nicholas, but when I hear things like this, I realize how truly blessed I really am.

Anonymous said...

Momma Bug :)
Thank you for you prayers and support. We appreciate your kindness more than you will ever know.
Thank you,
"T's family"