Saturday, November 3, 2007

Tea, more tea please

Before the tea pictures- here are some pictures of Little Bug on Friday for Carlos, Mireya and family. He was so excited to see this shirt come out of the closet. I will try to post one of the pictures you took for me this time last year in the same outfit. I hope this brings a smile to your faces. So for snack tonight, because Little Bug was asking for something to eat at 7 this evening. I made us hot tea and we had some little danishes (sweet rolls) with our tea. Little Bug was jumping up and down when I told him we would make tea.


He had to eat the sweet roll first. He ate 2 of them- I guess he was hungry.
Momma's hot tea and the sweet rolls
Little Bug getting ready to drink his tea.

For him, it is 1 part hot tea mixed with 1 part milk and 1 toddler spoon of sugar (we use splenda). The drink is then cool enough for him to drink without burning his mouth. He drains the cup as fast as he can.

Loving his tea.

When I first tried this with him I was unsure how he would do, but he loved it from the start. Now it is treat for us as the weather is getting colder. A friend told me I should try flavored teas, herbal teas or decaffeinated teas for our drinks. I just assumed that flavored teas would not taste right with milk- but I really should not worry since Little Bug thinks waffles with syrup should be dunked in peach yogurt before eating them. His tastes are all over the place and I don't drink tea with milk, so we should be good to go.

I can't wait to try hot chocolate with him.

Love to you,

Momma Bug

No comments: