Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thankful- out of mouth of a toddler

Bug is starting to pray out loud at night- for the most part he repeats what I say, but lately he has been interjecting his own prayers.

Last night this was his prayer:

Dear God, thank you for:
swimming with Y
jumping
eggs for dinner
yelling
momma
Mam and Pap
falling down
playing
Lulu, Jason, Darrell, Tink
ginger and izzy (my sister's dogs)


Did you catch the prayers- the good and bad.

Yelling was for momma yelling at him for things during the evening, falling down was for falling down while playing at the pool, swimming was for the swimming lesson where he spent 30 minutes crying because he had to sit on the side of the pool instead of sitting in my lap (it is kind of hard to have a swim lesson when he is sitting on my lap).
Bug approaches prayer the way we are supposed to approach prayer- being thankful for the good and the bad.

So many times I am only thankful for the good things and I complain about the bad things. I am told to come to Jesus like a child does- with everything laid out, everything is a prayer and everything is something to be thankful for. I need to be more like Bug- more thankful at that time for the good and the bad. I should bring it all to God, the good and the bad.

Love to you,
Deb

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Deb, You've definetely taught him well! It's great to see kids who are thankful for both the good and the bad!