Tuesday, November 11, 2008

friends over for dinner

UPDATE:
I headed over to read my favorite blogs and read the post on http://prayingthemhome.blogspot.com/
and I wonder if Bug acting out with Y is his way of drawing attention to him and saying that his heart is not filled and he is scared? Is he scared that I will see Y and want her as my little girl, scared that I will leave him, scared that he will lose his place as my baby? I wonder and tomorrow, I will have to ask him- becuase he has been askign frequently if he is going to be my baby forever-forever?



Tonight we had friends over for dinner. We had a good time (mostly) and I think T and I had a good time talking in between separating out kids. I do not know what it is about these 2 but put them together and Bug is pinching, hitting, hair pulling and strangling mode. I finally had to put him in time out after he tried to pull Y off the car by the neck with tightening his strangle hold on her. My mom tells me that kids eventually outgrow this type of behavior- i am just praying it is soon.

After the time out session, I set up paper and stickers for Bug and Y to decorate. Bug was being nice and put all his stickers on Y's paper.
Y was being nice too and offering stickers to Bug. So lots of sharing going on.

We had a good meal tonight- see Bug is happy about it. We had guacamole, home made salsa, black beans, brown rice, chicken, cheese, and chips or tortilla. And some grape tomatoes. Bug ate his grape tomatoes and salsa.


Y did slightly better with her meal- she ate her guacamole, chips and tomatoes.




Before the drama started, Bug and Y were sharing while they played. They were enjoying the rides through house.

On Sunday, I put Bug in a sweater and look at how handsome he is. This is my handsome little man.






brushing his teeth



Little man is sleeping now and I am enjoying the quiet. He got a flu shot today (so did momma) and he has been out of sorts since then. Of course, the drama prior to the shot was nothing compared to the drama after the shot. It did not help that momma had her shot first and laughed it off, nope apparently the nurse and I were trying to do bodily harm to Bug by making him get a shot and he let the entire office know how upset he was.
I had his height measured (before the shot) and he is 37.5 inches tall, and his weight is 30 pounds. I have to go track him on the charts, but I think his weight is falling down in the 10-25% range and his height is in the 50-75% range.
Love to you,
Deb






2 comments:

Vanessa said...

That sweater is too cute!!

Ann said...

Elianna says "Bug is HANDSOME!!!" Don't stress the bickering with Bug and Y too much. E and her best bud frequently get into knock downs but are also very close and love seeing each other. It will get better...eventually. ;-)