Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday fun

UPDATED to add video from Thanksgving dinner.


Today is a shopping day in the US, but Bug and I had better things to do. In reverse order-

1. Swinging at the park. I think this is the last season that Bug will fit into the baby swings. With his boots on, we could barely get him in the swing.
2. Sliding at the park- Bug was not happy here because I was standing on the slide to get a picture of his face.
3. more sliding - with his reindeer hat on.



4. We had a cookie at the Mall- more below on why we were at the mall but it was not for shopping.

5. riding the train at the mall- Last year Bug made it one circuit around in the train before he freaked out, this year he was begging to go on the train. He had a great time sharing the bell pulling duties with the other little boy.



6. Train riding again



7. doing flips in the play area of the mall after






8. sliding down the slide head first.




9. riding the horse at the mall (picture by Mam)








10. riding in the apple at the mall





11. riding in the cars at the mall












We headed out to the mall at 10 am this morning so I could give blood- there is a donation center at the mall. I though this was a perfect end to the Thanksgiving celebration- helping others. But unfortunately my iron level was too low (only by one point) and I was unable to donate this time. The donation team will be calling me next week to schedule another appointment, so I am upping my vitamins and making sure I eat lots of dark green leafy veggies.
Since I was going to donate blood, I asked my mom to come along and watch Bug - which really meant, go let him ride all the rides. He had a blast. It is so amazing to see how different he is the year in terms of his play and willingness to do things- heck just the change from Spring to now is amazing. This year has been a huge change for him.
Bug is busy napping now- apparently lots of playtime at the mall and then some play time at the park equal one tired Bug. he finally gave into sleep at 3 pm- so I am in for a long night. But I think we are going to rent a video tonight and we will have movie night.
I have to say, he was too cute when we got home from the park- he told me he was putting on his jammies and he put them on. Let's hope I can get clothes back on him to go rent a video from the library.
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love to you,
Deb and Bug








1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Looks like he had a great time at the mall! I use to donate blood ALL the time, but now since I've been traveling back and forth to Guatemala I can't!! They say I have to wait one year in between and it looks like it's going to be a while before it goes that long!