Saturday, November 8, 2008

Out with friends

Updated to add pictures of V and I meeting for the first time- along with Bug and S. May 2008 in the courtyard at the Marriott- Bug is 9.5 months old and S is 5 months old

V and S- together


Tonight, I had dinner with friend who I met while visiting Bug for the first time. She was in Guatemala visiting her son for the first time- 2 single moms, same agency, trying to figure out the momma thing. We hit it off and our friendship has continued over the last 2 years. We have not seen each other since that visit trip in May 2006, but we email regularly. When I get home, I will post a picture of all of us from that visit trip. This is us- please ignore the 2 spots on the my shirt- apparently I dropped pesto sauce on my shirt but in the dark restaurant, I could not see it.


Her son playing a friend at dinner. S is 8 months younger than Bug. He is so cute



2 other friends at dinner. We had a good time talking and enjoying just hanging out.





V and S enjoying a hug




S enjoying his ice cream






V and S (the flash was too bright)







Before dinner, but after my meetings ended, I took a walk (ended up right where we had dinner). I saw this statue in front a building- a bear scratching his back on a log. I certainly feel like that. I forgot that since Denver is at high altitude, that I need to drink more water and I should have started drinking more water a week ago- my skin is beyond dry from the altitude.








This is me last night after the dinner at the Art museum 9apparently very close to where I had dinner tonight)










And this- this is work colleagues having fun in the bathroom at the Art Museum- the sinks actually sing "Row, Row, Row your boat". Our fearless leader was making them all sing in a round. Yes- this is what makes us laugh when we are traveling.






I had a good time in Denver, but I am ready to come home. I miss Bug, I miss my house, I miss my bed, I miss my family and I miss my schedule. This has been the hardest business trip I have been on since Bug came home. I certainly hope that my business trip in December is not as hard for me emotionally.




Love to you,


Deb




PS- BUG- momma is packing her bags by the time you read this- I will be home after your nap on Saturday. I love you so much and I miss you lots. Just a few more hours baby and momma will be home.









1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Looks like it was a successful trip! Safe travels back home today!