Saturday, May 3, 2008

Update

This is what Bug and my schedule looked like for the last 2 days-
Friday 1.5 hours of work/daycare- then fevers for both of us, much sleep, an attempt to do grocery shopping, more sleep- Bug in the bed with me because at 10:30 pm he woke up every hour on the hour and at 2:30 am, I finally could not take it any more.
Saturday- slept until 9 am- attempted breakfast- which resulted in Bug vomiting all over himself. Off to the grocery store pharmacy for he prescription that the doctor gave me on Friday as a back up (see below for the details). 3.5 hour nap with telemarketers calling me every 30 minutes on my work line (rats- I would like to rip the earphones off their heads and shove them down their throats). The diarrhea started after our nap and it continued all afternoon- one banana, some chicken and rice soup and pedylite and Bug is now sleeping. I am tired, I think I will be going to soon.

Details of the doctor's office:
Our doctor was out sick, so we got to see the new doctor in the practice. he looked in Bug's mouth- swollen tonsils, he looked in Bug's ears- too much wax to see the ear drums, he took a throat culture to do the rapid streph test. While the streph test was running, he sent the nurse in to clean out Bug's ears- that so did not work- Bug started crying and attempted to vomit on the nurse before she even tried anything. i kept trying to tell them that we had tried this before with his regular doctor and failed. So because the doctor could not see Bug's ear drums, he would not say that there was a infection- did not matter that bug had a fever over 100 degrees since Thursday night. He told me to alternate Motrin and Tylenol and watch if Bug's symptom's changed. he did give me a prescription for an antibiotic to use if Bug's condition changed. I guess we'll say his condition changed this morning.
I also picked up the ear drops to clean out the ear wax- supposedly it takes 4 days. We'll see. All I know is that Bug told me to "be gentle". I do not think he likes things in his ears.

Love to you,
Deb

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I'm sorry you're feeling icky. I have to agree with Bug, I don't like medicine in my ears, either. Is it the liquid you drip in (which then runs down my neck no matter how long I hold my head sideways) or the swab? As annoying as the liquid-drip is, I think it's more comfortable than the swab. The package says it's OK for children, too.
Hope you're feeling better soon.