Thursday, May 15, 2008

16May2008- one year ago



No, it is not that post- but that one is coming in 2 weeks.




No, one year ago tomorrow (16may), the email/call came through that Bug was PINK. Meaning we had an appointment at the embassy.


I do remember how frantic I was. I had been in Indy for work that week- expecting to hear in the middle of my meeting that I had PINK and was going to Guatemala. Well, the call never came in the 2 days of meetings.


I had a lunch date with friends from Indy planned before I headed homeon the last day, I got lost and drove around Indy for 2 hours- but finally made it to lunch with E and Ann, Stacy and D and Maryanne and D. They patiently waited on me, gave me the same set of directions multiple times on the phone and entertained the kids while our lunch was cooking. I remember being so sad and depressed. I was so sad I cried all the way home. I thought for sure something had gone wrong again (little did I know). But the call came on Monday and the world was good again.




I discovered that something had gone wrong- the lawyer submitted documents with another family's name in the translation to the embassy. Just one paragraph, but it was enough to cause a delay. I have both sets of documents now- the original version and the corrected version. The other family has my name in the translation of the adoption decree for their child. How interesting is that.




So anyway- as i begin the 2 week count down to being a family for 1 year- I am reminded that through the tears, through the pain, through suffering, there is joy. My bug is my joy. My life is complete right now as a family. WOW- I wrote that!!! We are complete, I don't need anything else to complete us -although a good man who loves me and adores Bug would be nice. But we are complete, we are family. We maybe a small family, we not be perfect, but we are a family and I love my Bug. WOW- I think somethings just crystallized for me as I wrote this paragraph.


I leave you with some pictures from last year this time. The next 2 weeks will be a trip down memory lane.















Love and hugs to you

1 comment:

Mamita J said...

Bless your heart! One year, already!

Little Bug has grown so much!

(I can TOTALLY relate to your emotions at the time! :-D)

Love to you,
Julie