Tuesday, May 6, 2008

WOW- Big trucks at our house

so after 5 days with a giant hole where the driveway used to be, the cement truck pulled up to the house!!!!!! Now, being the momma of a toddler boy, there was no way a huge truck was coming to our house and the Bug was not going to be there. So I worked it out with Auntie Laura (Lulu) to bring Bug back to the house for lunch and some BIG TRUCK time.
I will say, having lunch with my boy in the middle of the week is AWESOME. It was the perfect break from my meetings in the morning and my tasks in the afternoon.

Bug was styling in his Little Farmer shirt and matching hat along with his pirate sunglasses. The Bug is nothing, if not prepared.

This is the face I love- just hanging out enjoying the day

Of course he then decided to be Mr. Busy Bee and pick up everything and anything he could find. He also waved to the workers and wondered why they would not wave back, wanted to go "play" with their big toys, thought the truck was too loud and generally behaved like a toddler.


This is Auntie Lulu with Bug

BIG CEMENT TRUCK. For those of you who understand- the driveway took 9 cubic yards of cement from the truck and they had to go get more to finish the side and 1.5 sidewalk blocks. After my adventure pouring concrete for the clothes, I wonder how much in pounds, of cement was poured into the driveway?

Here they are putting the wire mesh down so they can pull it up through the concrete later


Smoothing the concrete. This is a view from inside my garage- the one I have not been able to get to for 5 days and I will still not be able to get to for another 7 days while the concrete cures and dries. I really think this would have been the time to paint the garage- but that is on the list for another Spring or Fall.

Auntie Lulu took some pictures with her camera, hopefully they will email them to me tomorrow and I can post them with the pictures that I took this evening while Bug played with Pap. Jason had a band concert and we hung out before the concert, playing in the sun.

We hope you had a wonderful day and great evening-
Love to you,
Deb and Little Bug

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oh Bug, you sure know how to melt this girls heart. LOVE your JD shirt! You're such a cutie!!!

Big hugs (and a kiss if that's ok with our Mommies) ;-)

Elianna

Deb said...

Dear Elianna-

My momma boughtthe shirt for me just so you would notice me. One day you must come over and play- the cats are gone and I have a cute little house for 2 in the backyard. Momma says the wading pool is going up soon along with the sandbox. We'll be all set.

Love and kisses to you
Bug (your future husband)

JuJu - said...

He is getting sooooo big:):)
I did not have your link:)
I am so glad you left a comment:)

Love you guys:)

Ann said...

My Dearest Bug,

I think we should think about meeting up with JuJu and the Guatfest crowd this fall. :-)

BTW, you're such a cutie you don't need a JD shirt for me to notice you. Tell your Momma she has great taste.

Smooochies to you!
Elianna