Monday, May 26, 2008

Big Boy Room part 1- painting

I started painting Bug's big boy room on Friday night- first lots of taping, then the first cut in of the "alien green" paint.

I got to use a chalk line for the first time- OH MY GOSH- I love it. how have I painted for 12 years without a chalk line?

One coat of paint in each square- this is around 10;30 pm on Friday (I painted until midnight).










3 coats total (the circle is a reflection from a mirror), tape off - on Saturday morning.






Bug checking out the color so far- his thoughts? 1. No pictures Momma and 2. I LOVE IT!!!! Over and over he kept saying it.

thinking about it some more and still loving it.
Saturday night- tape moved so I can begin painting the "galactic blue" color on the wall
Both squares cut in


One coat on and rest- this about 10 pm on Saturday night





2 coats on the wall, ready to pull tape off on Sunday (it only took 2 coats)






2 coats on the wall at 11 pm on Saturday and a view that the other walls are cream. so just one accent wall. The drapes are cream right now, but I am thinking about what to do with them. Bug now has a room darkening shade on the window, but I still like the look of drapes- and it helps cut down on drafts in the winter.

So that is my big work project for the weekend. the room painted. Bug will not actually move into the room until later this summer- part of his birthday celebration will be moving to the room. His bed is now in the room and we'll start with nap time in the big boy bed. I think the transition will go slowly, which give me time to clean out the closet shelves and get things organized for him.

I will post pictures from our outing with the single moms (Saturday afternoon), Koki and Jason's birthday party (Sunday) later this evening under a new post.

Right now Bug woke up from his nap and we have to go pick up mam and pap for some dinner and play time with them.

Love and hugs to you all,
Deb

No comments: