Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nothing new right now- just a quick note

Based on the last few days at work, it looks like I will not be able to update the blog until the weekends. Heck, i barely have time to play with Bug.

For the last 2 nights I have been working until 10 or 10:30, I usually work from 8-9 pm after Bug goes to bed.
Since I have 4 studies locking in the next 2 months, I think I am going to be hard pressed to stop working before 11 pm. So I get breakfast with Bug, then drive him to daycare, then home, work for 9 straight hours (yep- no lunch either), then drive to pick up Bug, drive home, play, eat, do the bedtime routine, back to work for another 3 hours.

So i have one study locking in 4 weeks, the next one 2 weeks after that, then the 3rd one 2 weeks later and finally the last one locks 2 weeks after that or 4 days before Bug's birthday. They were not supposed to be so close together, but a decision by the sponsor changed the timelines. I think by the end of summer I will be ready for nice long vacation, far away from a computer and phone.

I need to concentrate on Bug in the time I have with him. I know kids really need quantity time with parents, not quality time. So I am trying to be in the moment and present for Bug during the time I have with him each day. We have even gone back to cosleeping at night just so he knows I am right there (seems to help with behavior issues in the daytime too).

So if you don't see lots of posts or hear from us via email, just know that I am busy, busy and trying to just be there for Bug during the time he is awake during the day.

Pictures coming tomorrow evening of out garden- we had fun working on it this week.

love to you,
Deb- who needs to go get some sleep.

No comments: