Monday, May 26, 2008

memorial Day Weekend- Friday and Saturday

I have to split the post into 2 separate posts due to the number of pictures. We had a busy Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Monday was quiet- which Bug and I needed.

So lets start in the middle- Saturday"

We went over to see Pap and Mam in the morning- we picked Mam up to go buy more flowers for her garden and Bug decided to help Pap lay sod by the sidewalk.

I was laughing the entire time- words that come out of my mouth when working with Bug were coming out of Pap's mouth the entire time. At least I know it is not a mom thing, but a toddler thing. Bug insisted on putting the dirt in the area- Pap was determined to keep the dirt off the sidewalk.















Saturday afternoon we headed out for a picnic with the single moms. This is the same park that we went to in August 2007 and Bug refused to get near the horses. On the way to the park, he asked if he could ride a horse. I was not confident that he would ride a horse, but he DID!!!

Jim, Bug, Momma and Rosie the horse

Bug rode the little tractor with Pap

He rode the big tractor with Mam and Momma


He woke Pap up (he was resting while we went on the big tractor ride.



And Bug stood with the big girls hoping they would play with him (no luck, the girls ran away from him). Poor Bug, he was the youngest there- none of his little friends made the outing this time, so Bug was really alone in his age group. I am glad we were at the farm so there were things to distract him.

Like ICE CREAM!!! Bug loves this push pop. He also decided that he needed to paint his face with it. Oh my gosh.


Friday Morning, the new windows arrived!!! So while I worked, the installers put the windows in. It was a cool, rainy days, so I sat in the house and froze while I worked. Thankfully the installers finished 2 hours early and I had planned for a 1.2 day at work.



Auntie Lulu brought Bug home around 12:30 and Bug laid down to take a nap- which left me some extra time to work.
You can see what else I worked on over the weekend in the previous post. Sunday's duel birthday party will be posted Tuesday night.
Life was restful and wonderful this weekend. I am not sure if it that Bug is getting older and more able to speak his wants or if it that after nearly a year of being a mom, I am more relaxed, but life is good right now for us.
We hope you had a restful weekend.
Love and hugs to you,
Deb and Bug




No comments: