Tuesday, May 20, 2008

yep- he remembers

Sunday, I dressed Bug in an shirt and sweater that he has not worn for a year.

I pulled out the shirt and sweater from Embassy day, 30May2007. Bug took one look at it and said "I wore that in Guatemala". Seriously, it was put in a drawer for months, I just pulled it out when I cleaned out his closet and removed all the clothes he outgrew.



As you can see from this picture taken after our embassy visit, Bug was not happy that day. I have a hard time looking at this picture- seeing his sadness and knowing that I was just numb.







yes, I dressed him in the outfit- he was not upset by it and I thought it would not hurt. He ended up being in it all day and Sunday night we attended a concert at church- this is the picture of us from the concert.



I like this one more- I see us as a family, I see us having fun. It is not that the first picture is not valid- it shows the loss and the pain of the process, but the second picture shows the difference a year makes.

We are still working through the change, but perhaps we are more working on how a family grows. I think I am going to start a collection of us- each year- the same color outfits right at this time of the year- I wonder what the future will bring.




At the same concert, my boy started coming out of his shell- he discovered that pews are for climbing on, over and under. He decided that the front of the church was the place to be and ran up to the front, he clapped along with the music and was a typical 2 year old. WOW- what a change since the first time we came to church. then he sat there, would not interact, would not even react to the music. Now he is so into it. I would keep him in church with me if I knew he would sit still. I guess we are still a few years away from that.




Love and hugs to you,
Deb

No comments: