Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Our Mother's day celebration/gathering was pretty much on Saturday. In the morning, T and Y came over to play with Bug while I painted trim in his big boy room. They played outside while I got the painting done. It was so nice to know that Bug was having a great time with friends while I got his room ready. I love the picture of Bug hugging Y- we might submit it to our agency's calendar.
Here we all are. I had to go change my shirt so I would match every one else in Red.






Bug when he saw me sneaking around the corner of the house to get his picture.










In the afternoon, we headed over to Hermano's farm for some time with the Vacas and the TRACTORS. Bug was all excited this week about going, but his demeanor once we got there would indicate that he was less than happy to be there. He was clingy and refused to do most everything- but the day was still fun.


The pictures are out of order, here the boys are playing right before dinner. They had been playing the tent (knocked over) and I was lying on the floor taking pictures of them when they started jumping on my back. I am yelling for Vaca Mommy and Vaca Daddy (S.'s parents- Bug's name for them) to "help me" and instead they are taking pictures and laughing. It was funny and the boys thought it was great fun and play time.









S showing Bug how to ride a vaca. Bug was not having it and preferred to stay as far as possible from the cows- this was one of the times he refused to participate.



He finally started smiling late in the evening when we took a tractor ride back to the barn to feed the vacas.




This is how he spent the rock adventure- sitting with me, watching S.



This is how he spent the vaca feeding adventure- pretty much smiles



Momma and Bug- I am singing to him to comfort him- he was very upset about being asked to climb the hill.




Now, this is the fun part- "gardening with toddlers". 1 shovel, 3 rakes and life is good. I think this was the highlight of the trip for Bug. I think if we came out to the farm more regularly, Bug might be more relaxed- so we'll see what can be arranged this summer.


Playing in the tent- remember, I am lying on the floor to take the picture.










The only picture of S and his parent. We have to do better next time-maybe bring my parents to be the picture takers or something like that
Bug refusing to throw rocks, S trying to fish them out of the tractor ruts-

Momma and Bug at the farm
Vaca daddy and S.



Vaca Mommy and Bug
Feeding the vacas- or playing in the feed- whichever, they both accurately describe the event.
Bug off and running to the garden
Bug feeding the vacas
S moved just as I took the picture- dang it. But they were having fun.




Today, my parents came over and I attempted to grill out- ended up cooking in the oven instead. We hung out, napped and then went to visit Grandpa Joe. It was a GREAT weekend.
next weekend we are celebrating Mother's day and my mom's birthday with the entire family. So I will get pictures then.
Love and hugs to you all,
Deb

1 comment:

Ann said...

We like the picture of Bug with the shovel. :-)

Ann and Elianna