Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back in the land of the healthy and some pictures from our week

So working backward through our week. Today, Sunday, Bug was feeling better and I was still not 100%- which is a bad mix. So I resorted to my usual plan of attack, go see Mam and Pap. That was a bust as Bug decided to stop listening and we left because I decided he needed a nap. A nap, he finally took at 4:30 pm. But he did lay on the couch and let me hang the wash on our new clothes line, he let me pay bills (oh the joy) and I he let me take a shower uninterrupted (the first time in 11 months). So for good behavior and in an effort to distract him( my second plan) , we headed out to the Cincy Cinco festival. This is to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but is very family friendly. I though Bug might dance to the music, play the games, have some fun- but he sat in the stroller and refused to get out.

yes, I dressed him in his Guatemalan soccer shirt. My plan was to look for matching shorts for the shirt- but no luck. The shorts they had all had cartoon characters on them, not the official team shots. So I will continue to look.

I will say that I like this festival much more than the Hispanic festival in summer that we went to last year. This one had more music all day, more types of food, better prices on food and seemed more marketed toward both the Hispanic and non Hispanic communities in the area. Bug and I will be back to this festival again.

Bug tried a churro- but only took a bite of it. I had a dish called "Pupusas". I really like them- anyone have a recipe?


Bug got a balloon and he had more fun with it.


Smiling in the morning











Preparing to go into the festival











This it the type of pictures you get when you ask a toddler to hold your camera while you tie his balloon to the stroller.

Dancers preforming a dance from Panama










On Thursday, our driveway was torn out to be replaced with a new concrete driveway. These guts worked all day. Of course it stormed Friday and Saturday and it looked like a lake. The new concrete will be poured on Tuesday. Auntie Lulu is going to bring Bug over to the house to watch the concrete being poured. Hopefully it will be done in the afternoon so Bug gets a nap and then I can finish up work and Bug will just be home with me instead him having to go back to Auntie Lulu's in the afternoon.
















On Wednesday- the truck came and Uncle Dave moved out. It was a great sunny day for the move out. It took 4 hours start to finish (load up and unload at Uncle Dave's apartment. Bug missed it.


This is the basement almost cleared of Uncle Dave's stuff.










So that is how our week went. Maybe this week will be calmer and Bug and I will stay healthy. Bug is sleeping, I have some fabric to cut for a fabric swap. Love you all,
Deb

No comments: