Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Yes- no pictures

Still no pictures- it was too cold to get out of the car to run the film into the store. Yikes, it stayed below 20 degrees here all day. I hate winter, I really hate it, can it be Spring now? I am done with snow, ice and below freezing temperatures. So far, Little Bug has not complained and I think he wanted to play with the snow today.

I am in such a mood lately and I think I figured it out today. Tomorrow, the search for Little Bug's birthmother starts and I am scared of what might be discovered. I "know" there is an older daughter- she was mentioned on Little Bug's referral paperwork but was not in the social worker report from Family court. I "know" there was a younger brother. According to SJI (adoption supervisors), his case was the reason Little Bug's case was pulled and sent to investigations- but again, this child was never mentioned in the social worker report.

EDITED: I will probably not post anything from the birthmother search- heck I might not even sahre with my family. The information is for Little Bug and for me to tell him his story.


I fear so many things- but perhaps that is just fear of the unknown. For many reasons, I am worried what the search will bring and how it will effect me and Little Bug in the future. I know to him and his first family- they are the only family he knew. But, I realize that one day he may want to know why an adoption was made for him. If I wait until then to search, it may be too late to find the answers, so searching now is the only the way to go.

I also know that my negative mood has been enhanced lately because for 7 months, everything I have done (minus the one overnight business trip) has been with Little Bug. I have never had time alone without him or work since he came home. Tonight, I rejoined the choir at church. I did not realize how much I missed the Wednesday night rehearsal, how much I needed it. I was so prepared yesterday to write a note and say I was not coming back this year, but then the assistant director wrote me and asked me point blank if I was going to be at rehearsal tonight and I could say no. So at 6pm, I walked out the door, leaving Little Bug with Uncle Dave and I had a wonderful time. Yes, things at choir had changed- I have a new seat, and my entire section sits in a new area- but I missed the ladies in my squad, I missed the group prayer and I most of all missed the time praise God through songs. I missed the peace that singing gives to me and how I feel recharged for the second half of the week. I missed the fellowship. I am glad to be back singing.

So that is the update for today- the weather tomorrow- colder than today!!!! I promise pictures though, I am going to run to the bank at lunch and I can drop the film off then and pick it up when I go to pick up Little Bug. He likes to go to this store- they have lots of "toddler" toys.

Love to you all and stay warm.

Deb AKA Momma Bug

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow Good luck on the Birthmother search and keep us posted !!

Stacy said...

I didn't realize we had so much in common with investigations! Ingrid was the reason the bsister case got the first previo, and the bsister investigation was the reason Ingrid never started. Kinda makes one wonder what they're talking about when they say there's "no system" in place in Guatemala, huh?

I'm hoping the search will give you more peace and provide answers for Little Bug when he's older.