Thursday, January 31, 2008

More words- no pictures

I will have pictures this weekend- Tink sent 120 photos of Little Bug that she has taken since Christmas and there are some cute ones!!!!

So Bug and I got to go speak to interested families for our agency this evening. We were the only ones from the Guatemala program- which makes sense right now since no referrals are being given out by our agency until Guatemala and the US figure out the new processes. It was interesting to hear families in the China, Vietnam, Waiting Children and Kaz programs talk about their experience. So different from Guatemala.
I have been thinking about a sibling for Little Bug- I never wanted to have just one child- I was going to have 2 sets of twins (yes, pick yourselves up off the floor). I know that being a single parent leaves a huge burden on Little Bug should anything happen to me- he will be alone again. Or if I needed care in my old age, then he would be the only one to shoulder that responsibility. So, since even before Little Bug came home, I had planned on 2 children- heck my I-171H approved me for 2 orphans- I just could not get my homestudy agency on baord with that plan.

But, there was a plan and I would have been overwhelmed with 2 children right away- heck it was overwhelming enought with just Little Bug. but now I am feeling more confident and I feel like there is a "sibling" for Little Bug in Guatemala. Not a birth sibling, but a child who will be part of our family, who will be a sibling and beloved son or daughter.
So I sit here waiting for the powers that be to iron out the process in Guatemala, hoping and praying that adoptions will continue (for selfish reasons in my case), and preparing for another wait, another process that will not smooth (better to plan for the worst, hope for the best and be happy if you fall somewhere inbetween)
My agency recently announced a pilot program in another country and I considered it for a week or so. But in the end I realized that while I really struggled through my process in Guatemala, at least I now know where to get extra help (and beleive you me, I am hiring them from day 1), I know the questions to ask, I know the forums to get answers and I know that I can head down pretty easily if I need to go down to check on things for myself. I did nto want to go through another process being in the dark and not knowing who to turn to/trust and what to do next. It jsut was too much like the start of Little Bug's process and I could not face that again.

So you heard it here- I am hoping and praying to start another adoption sometime this summer- but this time, I am not posting any timelines, any hopes or dreams for when I could be traveling (hey, hold me to this people).

Love and hugs to you,
Deb

2 comments:

Christina said...

Good luck on the next adoption journey. How exciting for another little one to join the family.

Angie said...

Congrats on this decision! This is so exciting.