Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to me and loving life with Little Bug

So today is my birthday- yes, I like to tell people. I am proud of my age and my life- although I can not figure out how I got to be 42 years old- when did that happen? I am sure that it was just yesterday I was graduating from college.

My sister told me I should be 24, but I disagree. If I was 24 then I would years away from Little Bug being my son and I would not go back to that age- I love being Little Bug's momma and he is my life.

So here is my delicious cake- chocolate fudge cake, with chocolate icing, M&Ms and fudge twirl ice cream- any one see a theme? Yes, Bug sees the theme and he thinks it is funny (also messy). I think birthdays are going to be at my house from now on.
This is the smiling face I have seen since Saturday night. I got home on time (thanks to switching flights and a direct flight home). I called my parents to let them know I was on the ground, I called my brother as I got in the car. He told me that Little Bug was not home yet. So as I drove onto my street, I looked for the car- it must have been hidden. I pulled into the garage and waited for Little Bug to open the door to garage- nothing happened. So I pulled my bags out of the car and headed into the house. Once inside, I heard "I think I hear momma" and there he was was, running toward me down the hallway- face all aglow and the hugest smile on his face. Soon I was hold on to him as he he hugged me tight and all was right in the world- all was good. I was home and Little Bug was in my arms.
Playing with Little Bug- he does not want me far away, but he is fine. he tells me "I miss you long trip" translation- I missed you while you were on your long trip. This is a dream come true- someone waiting for me, someone missing me (yes mom, I know you missed me when I left, but this is different). We are settling back in. I made the decision to have Little Bug sleep in my bed on Saturday night, I missed him and I wanted us both to get a good night's sleep. Sunday was Baby day at church and since Little Bug and I were at the front of the church and I forgot my camera- you will have to wait for pictures from the day until Mam and Cousin Tink send me the pictures (that would be a hint people, send the pictures!!!!!!!)
On Saturday morning, at the training, they had a custard pie baby for me for my birthday. It was so nice. This is last weekend before I left on my trip. Little Bug was out enjoying the snow. Remember this is the kid who was not too sure about snow just a month ago. Now he wants to go play in it.

Throwing a fist full of snow at me- I can't say it was a snow ball as the snow was so dry it would not crush into a ball.
chasing me through the yard. He thought this was a blast.
Yes, he is eating the snow!!! Apparently snow still tastes great when eaten off of cotton gloves (something I did when I was younger).
I "showered" him with snow. he was not to excited about the snow going down into his collar. but we had a fun 20 minutes out in the snow running around. We had to come in and have hot chocolate to warm up.
So that is the last week in our lives. We survived being apart and we are glad to be back together.
If you have time in your prayers, would you pray for my mom? She is being tested right now and she needs support and love.
Love and hugs to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

5 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Deb..hope you had a good one.

Stacy said...

Sending happy birthday hugs your way and good thoughts to your mom.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday -- glad you are home with your little bug !

Derek and Jennifer said...

Happy - belated- Birthday! So happy to see you and Little Bug back together again. It's the best feeling ever!!!

Sending prayers for your mom - hope everything tests okay. Also thanks so much for your help - we finally got news on our case.

Derek and Jennifer said...

Tag you're it! Check out my blog for the rules!