Thursday, January 24, 2008

After a few bumps, I arrived

Dear Mom and family,

Just a quick note to let you know I arrived in Arizona. I missed my connection in Houston thanks to a weather delay on the flight, plane side baggage being delivered very slowly, plane arriving at the wrong side of Terminal A, so that I had to walk to terminal B (not on the train line) and then go back through security. All this after being pulled aside at home because the security screener thought my passport was a fake!!! Yep- I can travel to Guatemala and Canada on my passport- but heaven forbid I want to travel within the US on it.
So after missing my flight, I was pretty dejected, but Continental came through and I was already booked for the next flight out of Houston before I got to the counter. So off to Terminal C I trekked- but this time I got to take the train. Unfortunately, I now I have a blister on the bottom of each foot from the trek from Terminal A to Terminal B- so walking is painful.

Lest you think that this trip is off to a horrid start- I arrived at the hotel- which is really a Spa and Resort and I do mean Spa and Resort. Wait till you see the pictures!!!!! If you can imagine a typical hotel room- think 4 times bigger and ever so much nicer.
I took a nice hot bath tonight after dinner in the hopes of relaxing, did a little work and I am heading to bed.

Tomorrow is a new day and it can only get better after today's adventure- or at least it can't be much worst. I am going to change my flight plans for coming home- I doubt there is any way I will make the connection coming back with only 30 minutes between flights. I will call with my new flight numbers and time.

Love to you and hug my Bug for me.

Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, I hope you have a good trip! Like you said it shouldn't be much worse than the flight there! I am glad to hear you were able to soak in a hot bath and relax! We put you on the prayer list at choir on Wed because of this trip.

Lisa H.