Sunday, January 20, 2008

Picture- NOPE

So no pictures tonight- I did take some today at Tink's birthday celebration so they will be up tomorrow, but I thought I would write about Dateline.

I watched the Dateline piece on Guatemalan adoption- but it really was not so much about all Guatemalan adoptions as it was about one facilitator who works with some agencies ( I really don't know how many, but one is one too many). This man is banned by the US embassy as of 2005 and he boasted of facilitating 167 adoptions in 2006 and expecting more in 2007 (this was filmed over the summer).

The agencies that work with him- scumbags, the fact that he continues to work in the adoption world- a travesty. Families have been destroyed by this man, dreams have been ripped apart and this man just goes on like nothing bad ever happened.

My heart breaks for families in situations with agencies who work with him and people like him, my heart breaks for families who lost their dream, my heart aches for the children.

To my friend who was brave enough to tell her story- you are a warrior and a true momma. May your dream find wings this year and may you be all you want to be.

Love to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

No comments: