Saturday, September 1, 2007

More Pictures

Lots of pictures tonight- it has been a busy 24 hours.

After work, I took Little Bug to the park to let him play off some energy so he might sleep better (remember I said that).

He immediately wanted to swing- after taking about 20 pictures, I finally got this one. Little Bug decided that crushing up dried leaves was a very important and all consuming task. I don't know what he is going to do when the leaves really start falling.
This my typically view of him- off and running. There were joggers in the park and he was copying them. He did, of course, have to stop on the bridge to attempt to climb up the sides (so not allowed by momma). he discovered that the bridge makes very loud noises if you stomp on it. That was his entertainment for a good 10 minutes.
Playing in the tunnel. This was a joy to watch. When he first came home and I took him to the park, he would not go near the tunnel. This time, he was up the steps and thru the tunnel before I could get to the slide (which is where I thought he was going).
This is playscape bridge, he would not even get near this 11 weeks ago, now he was having fun running back and forth across the bridge. He was not happy when I said it was time to go. All in all, we were at the park for 1.5 hours- the longest time Little Bug has stuck with activities. Hopefully the weather is turning cooler so that we can get to the park more often.
Well, I thought after the park, Little Bug would sleep well and he did. But, he woke up at 6 am and would not go back to sleep. It was horrible. I think he does not understand that Saturday means we sleep a little later, not get up earlier than we do during the week!!! I am serious considering cut out his naps altogether on Fridays, just so he sleeps later on Saturday. This is starting to be a weekly occurrence.

So, after getting up a deciding that I was in a bad mood from being woken up early, perhaps the best thing for Little Bug would be for us to get out of the house. So our favorite place is the Zoo and off we went. We were there before the gates opened.
One cute picture for Momma, by the flowers and then off to see the animals.

We saw some animals- elephants eating breakfast, alligators, snakes, Baboons, Snow Leopard and then we went to ride the carousel. The zoo was starting to get very busy and there were no many choices on the carousel. Little Bug got to ride the non- moving Giraffe. He loved it.
We saw some bears- the stroller is parked and locked and yes, he is standing it in.
We rode the train- love this self picture.
We went to the children's zoo area. Little Bug got to see pigs, goats, Pallas cats in the nursery and sheep. Yes, again, the stroller is parked and locked. he thought this was cool.

After the zoo, we shopped at my not most favorite store- but they have picture frames on sale and since I got Little Bug's first set of professional pictures back on Friday, I needed some frames to hang the pictures up around the house. After getting back from the store, there was a message from Mam that my stepbrother (Pap's son) was in town and perhaps we could come over. T lives in Florida and has only come home 3 times in the last 12 years. Totally unexpected that he would be here.
T used to play the organ and the organ is still at my parents house. It is usually not plugged in and Little Bug has to come in the door and go over and run his hands along the keys. Well, Pap plugged the organ in and T started playing. Little Bug was amazed!!!

Little Bug is not sure what to think
Well, maybe I will just touch the keys
OH- this is fun, here I can make lots of music. T was playing boogie-woogie music and Little Bug was keeping time with the keys he pressed. It was cute.

So that was our last 24 hours. Little Bug is now asleep again and I hope that he does not get up at 6 am again. I need my sleep.
Love to you,
Momma Bug

No comments: