Monday, September 3, 2007

Sleep, oh where are sleep part 2

Thanks everyone for the comments- to this blog and in private emails.
I just want to say that Little Bug's sleeping issues are all new. He has been going to bed in his crib, in his own room for 12 weeks now. Yes, he calls down the hall to me for 15 minutes, but he was not crying or screaming over the last 11 weeks. He has been going to nursery at church for 4 weeks. In that period, his naps were hard the first 2 weeks, and last week it escalated. The sleep issues only occur on Sunday after nursery.

That is the only thing I can attribute his change in sleep habits too. He sleeps fine through the week, and naps appropriately. Yesterday was draining. I believe that he is processing more of adoption and according to the books and support is somewhat to be expected. The recourse for me is to minimize his changes, if that means skipping Sunday school so Little Bug does not have to be in nursery for the next few months- then that is OK. He likes going to service and listening to the music. If he gets to rowdy, then we can go out to the lobby, still see the service and still hear the service.

I spoke with friends last night and their girls never went to nursery at church. Once their girls started grade school, they started in Sunday School. I am not concerned about Little Bug hearing about God from nursery, I am not worried so much for me missing Sunday School. I am worried that continually dropping him off at nursery reinforces that he is left with strangers- much like visit trips to Guatemala, when Little Bug was left with strangers (me) and his "momi" came back later. Maybe it is too early to put him in nursery- that is OK. We'll work through the transition slowly but surely.

Pictures tomorrow-
Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little bug! I agree with you Deb. I think you are making the right decision following your mommy heart! {{{HUGS}}} We had a bit of an attachment strike these last few days too. It truly is a journey isn't it?