Sunday, September 30, 2007

A trip to the farm-

OK- Blogger is being bad and not allowing me to load the pictures- so here are the ones it will allow me to load tonight- I will try to edit the post tomorrow and get the pictures back in.

Edited: 01Oct2007 8:45pm- pictures now added

I haven't posted pictures in a week- and I have a bunch to post- but these are all for Carlos, Mireya, Suzy, Karla and Andrea as a happy way to start the week.


Today, Little Bug and I drove over to the farm to spend the day celebrating S's (from now on known as "hermano") birthday. Hermano and Little Bug spent the first 7 months of their lives together with Carlos, Mireya and the girls. They are forever brothers!!! The pictures are not in order but I will try to give you the story of the day.

We arrived much earlier than expected- for some reason, I though the party started at 2 pm and we arrived at 3. But the party was not supposed to start until until 4:30. It all turned out well, as the extra time allowed Little Bug and Hermano to play with each other and for us to get a TRACTOR ride. Little Bug was very uncertain about the tractor ride (OK, Momma was too), but there was room for Momma on the tractor and we all went around the main area of the farm. It was really cool and by the end, Little Bug thought it was cool. Hermano was not to keen on having us on the tractor with him, especially when it first appeared that he would have to get off the tractor so Little Bug and I could ride. But all was great in the end.



Later in the day, we got to help feed the baby cows (yes, calves, I know- but they are baby cows to Little Bug). Actually, they are "baby vacas" in Little Bug speak.




Here we are putting food down for the cows- Little Bug was content to be in my arms, he was not too certain about the cows or feeding the cows.




Here is Hermano feeding the cows- he had no problem throwing the feed on the ground. He thought it was great fun. I am sure his parents hope this enthusiasm continues.





All done feeding the vacas. Little Bug is still not too sure- but he was helping to dump the bucket. The vacas having dinner.







Little Bug and Hermano got some swing time in before most of his extended family arrived. I think I am going to have to buy one of these playscape things for the yard next Spring. OK- those of you who told me that I would need one, feel free to tell me "I told you so".








Little Bug loves to swing- he could swing for hours. When I was younger, I loved to swing. During the summers, I would spend 6-10 hours a day on the swing (I am not lying). It is amazing how Little Bug's personality mirror's mine. God had a perfect plan when he brought us together as a family!!!







Hermano loving his swing. Both boys can now swing in the big swing, so long as they don't go high and someone pushes them. They still do not have the leg action down- but that will come later. Little Bug loving his swing time. He was swinging first and then Hermano came over, so that is why Hermano is in the "not safe for toddlers" swing.







Hermano is 2- he is about 1 month younger than Little Bug. The boys loved the cake. Hermano thought the train on the cake was the best part.






Little Bug having dinner- potato chips, tomatoes and cheese. Yes, that is correct, he choose not to have the delicious Black Angus beef hamburgers that come from the vacas on the farm. Momma loved the hamburgers- they are so good. If you want to know how to order some beef from Hermano's farm- let me know in a comment and I will get the info to you.

It is the best!!!




Little Bug playing in the living room. He had a great time. I think I need to start hunting for a coffee table and small chairs for our living room. When we walked into the room, this is where he went immediately.




More Vacas Sitting on Momma's shoulders because the vacas were scaring him. He did smile right after this- the classic " I will not smile until after the camera flashes" syndrome.






The end of our day- this is how the big the tractor is!!! The wheels are as tall as I am. The other little boy is Hermano's cousin. He was too cute.





We took a hay ride at the end of the day- we got to see some Milk cows along the ride. Apparently, they are different than Beef cows.




Hermano opening presents- this is the one from Little Bug. It was a counting bus and Little Bug was not too happy that it was not his toy. He really wanted it. But, these turned out to be Little Bug's favorite toys at Hermano's house- the train from the cake and a moto. He kept crashing them into each other. Typically Little Boy behavior.


Which bring me to the final picture- this is what Little Bug looked like this morning. What is different? Well, dressed like this, he looks like a little boy, not a baby, not a toddler- a little boy.
He is growing up and it seemed that he changed overnight. This was the first time I physically could see what I missed through all the months of waiting for him to come home. I never really saw him age through those months- yes I had pictures, but it is not the same. I am now seeing him change and I just want to stop him at this age. I feel like I am just starting to enjoy him and he is changing- I want the time back, I want time to stand still. I cried on the way home today, I wanted to get back the time I never had, time that I never can replace. It hurts- I never had it, I can't ever get it, but I want it. Not for him do I want it, but for me. In a selfish way, I want the time just for me. It was a good day though, Little Bug and I had a great adventure at the farm- we are part of another family through the love of one family in Guatemala.
Thank you Carlos, Mireya, Suzy, Karla and Andrea for opening your home, your lives and your heart to these boys and for being the bridge in our families.

Much love and many hugs to you,
Deb

No comments: