Monday, September 10, 2007

More fun and excitement

So in reverse order I give you some random pictures from the last few days.

These are from today- after dinner. Little Bug has decided that it is more fun to watch his tractor go down the little hill, then to be on it because... then he can run down the hill after it!!!
He is watching a little girl ride up the sidewalk on her tricycle- he kept saying bicycle to me. He really wants a bicycle- which Momma is going to get him for Christmas. Christmas, you say- yes Christmas, that way he can ride it in the relative safety of the basement or living room for a few months before he goes riding outside. And yes, he will get a bicycle helmet for his head. (bicycle/tricycle are interchangeable words in out house).
Going potty- yes, he did this all by himself. He started asking to go to the potty again yesterday. Of course, most of the time he refuses to take his diaper off, but that is OK. At least he is prepping for potty training again after my business conference in Chicago next week.
rocking in the chair in his room. He really likes to rock (that is a hint Mam and Pap for a Christmas present).
Sunday, Mam and Pap came over and played with Little Bug. It was Grandparents Day and they had dinner with us. We went to visit Grandpa Joe before they came over, so Little Bug got to see all the grandparents. The boys are having a great time.

Playing with the toys from the Hispanic festival.

Getting tickled by Pap.
Hanging with Elmo. Little Bug will pick Elmo up so long as I have turned it off. He was putting the sunglasses on Elmo.

This is the door knob and child proof handle on it. see the little hole- little fingers fit in there perfectly (who though this up)
The inside of the door showing the damage I did to it when I kicked it open. It can be closed, will not lock. Pap says we can cover the damage and the door will be fine if we put a lock up higher that Little Bug can not get to. It will be a temporary fix- I have to consider replacing the door as it will never pass the foster care home study inspection- but that is a few months away.
Scary, steep steps to the basement- the first step is shorten because the folks who lived in the house before me tiled the kitchen floor- I have almost fallen the stairs many time, actually did it once, narrowing missing the furnace repairman who was in front of me. I have watched Little Bug almost miss the step too when we go down to the basement- thus the reason I need to shut the door each time I go down the steps alone. He can make it down the steps just fine, he is very good at steps, but that first step is scary.

Well, I am off to cut fabric for a fabric swap I am participating in.
Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb I just love seeing how much he's blossoming!!!!! It's unreal! Every time I come to your blog I smile.