Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's 3 am- where are you?

EDITED 8:45 am
I talked to my mom- my dad came out of surgery at 8:30 last night, she got to see him and talk to doctor later in the evening. My dad has 8 screws and a metal rod in his back now- not expected before they went to the hospital. He is expected to be in the hospital through the weekend. Please pray for his continued healing- this surgery could give him back his life.

Many thanks





OK- it is 3 am my time and yep- I am wide awake. Where are you?

Today was a jam packed day- or maybe it was yesterday- having not really been asleep, is it still the 26th?
The long day started at 4 am with the alarm going off. I had a meeting out of town and needed to get Little Bug to his daycare by 5 am. He was dropped off on time- posed picture to be added Thursday evening, so you can see how cute he looked. I drove to the meeting- 2 hours away, sat in a meeting from 8-5 pm and then drove home another 2 hours. The meeting was great- actually much was decided and hopefully the meeting has allowed us to proactively address some issues so that next June and July are not overwhelmingly busy as they might be. I love database locks that come one right after the other- I have 3 within a 30 day period.

But I digress, Little Bug was brought home at 7:30 pm, we waited for my mom to call with an update on my dad's surgery. Apparently he was taken into surgery/prepped for surgery at 1:30 pm and at almost 8 pm, he still was not out of surgery. Mom did not call back later to let me know he was done, so I have no idea how the surgery ended. Little Bug slept from 8:30 pm until 11:30 pm and then he woke up and was awake until 1:30 am. I went to be at 10:30 pm- but never feel asleep, so here I am at 3 am, writing on the blog while I post reports for work (hey, I might as well get something constructive done for work). I am starting to feel tired now, so I might just go back to bed for 3 more hours before the alarm goes off and my day really starts.
I can only hope and pray that the day is relatively calm and that Little Bug is ready for bed on time tonight. I can't handle these all nighters.

I hope you all got good, restful sleep.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

So glad to hear that your dad came through the surgery. He and the entire family is in my thoughts and prayers.