Wednesday, September 5, 2007

More updates, no pictures

Well, half the sleeping issue was discovered last night. A., you were right. Little Bug has an ear infection. He woke up at midnight with a temperature of 100 degrees. After some meds, a bottle and 60 minutes of rocking in the rocking chair in Momma's arms, he went back to bed. His fever was gone this morning, but he was tugging at his ears. My sister is a med tech by training, and she looked at his ears this morning and confirmed the ear infection. He is now on antibiotics and is sleeping much better.
I feel so bad for him. I wanted so much to take the pain away from him last night and I worried all day- I called my sister 3 times throughout the day.
Hopefully he continues to improve and is feeling better by the weekend. There is a Hispanic culture festival in town and I want to take him- I need to do more to bring his culture into our lives so that it is common and who we are and this was one of my first steps to learning more.

On other news, Little Bug has learned possessive tense on words- by that I mean he understands when I say that something is Momma's or Little Bug's. Of course he has to use it all the time and I am now Mommas instead of Momma. I think he is trying to figure out plural words too. He says Buses when we see buses on the way to daycare. He is also counting- he can count to 4 right now!!! He is starting 3 word sentences and he gets imaginative play or dreaming. He babels his own conversation in the back seat of the car. He says "hi, how are you?, good, thanks". It is just overwhelming to hear him put together all that he hears and observes.
It is amazing to see the learning he is doing and how he is applying it all. I think this fall and winter are going to be incredible in terms of how he is learning and the changes he will go through.

I haven't talked about my little with Big Brothers/Big Sisters in a long time. I think our mentoring relationship has ended. She does not return my calls, has not made an effort to see me this summer (meaning, she did not have time for me). I have contacted our case worker to to let him know that I am not willing to continue this mentoring relationship on these terms. He is supposed to be contacting her and her grandparents to see how they feel, without telling her that I have already asked about stopping the relationship.
The international student that I thought would be coming has not responded to my questions on if she has sent in the paperwork and is getting things ready for her embassy visa request. I hope that she is doing well and my door is always open to her, I am just not sure she will be coming anytime soon.

So those are the updates for today. I am going to try to get some pictures of Little Bug tomorrow, but that depends on how he is feeling and what the temperature is outside. We are staying inside mostly since the weather is so unbelievably hot and humid over the last 2 months. We desperately need rain.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

thinking about you guys..he is getting so big:) What a great Momma he has - taking such good care of him - He is a beautiful child:)

Julia