Friday, September 21, 2007

Pictures from this week

Pictures from our adventures in Chicago:


Eating breakfast at the airport before boarding our plane. Little Bug thought this was cool- he got to have a treat and see people and planes all at the same time. The temps at home were 43 degrees F when we left, I figured Chicago would be cooler- this was a bad thought on my part. Watching planes from the waiting area- that is our plane's wing in the picture.
On the plane with Mam and Me-Me. Same "jacket" he wore coming home from Guatemala- but he was awake this time.
The Shedd Aquarium in Chicago- Little Bug loved the water and the big fishy. He was trying to reach the water here- but it was too far below his reach.
Throwing pennies at the hotel fountain. This fountain was one that he easily could have gotten into the water at. The fountain was basically open to toddlers (yes the hotel was not set up form kids) and we had to watch him very carefully when we were in the lobby.
At Navy Pier Park- the "I am so not going to stand next to the statues and I am not liking this at all" look.


The statues- he did actually like this area. We walked around and looked at all the globes that were decorated for global warming/alternative energy issues. There were some very awesome ones. Mam and Little Bug at the entrance to Navy Pier- what you can't see is Little Bug crying because I am too far away from him.
Momma and Little Bug at the entrance. He was much happier to have me this close.
On the carousel- he loved it. I had to buy tickets a few times- anything to make my bug smile.

This is the view of Lake Michigan from the Carousel.
Momma and Little Bug driving the toy boats.
Our boat went in circles pretty much the entire time- but we had fun.
Momma speaking at the conference. Thanks to the folks from SP that sat in the front row and agreed to take pictures for me.

At the airport coming home- Little Bug discovered that luggage carts are a jungle gym.

Watching the BIG PLANE go bye the window.
More fun on the luggage cart
Look Momma- I can hang off the luggage cart!!! He has started hanging off of everything - including the stove at home- I am working hard to break the habit with the stove. I am scared he is going to pull the stove over on him even though it is secured to the wall and there is the whole HOT thing I have to watch for since I cook most all of our dinners.
Well, that is all. Mam has more pictures of the time in Chicago, I will get those on Sunday when we celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. I might not post much next week- I have a meeting out of town on the same day my dad is having back surgery. I expect that I will be needed to help out in the evenings after the surgery- but that depends on when the doctors let him come home from the hospital.
love to you all,
Momma Bug



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you receive your SBP gift yet? -Your SBP

Deb said...

Dear SBP-
Yes, it was waiting for us when we got back from Chicago. Thank you so much- it is awesome. Can you leave me your blog address? I will not publish it to the comments section of my blog.

Love to you,
Momma Bug