Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SNOWMAN

I got home from Boston at 10:00 pm last night. The snow and ice was due to arrive at 2 am this morning. But on the drive from the airport to pick up Bug, I drove into the ice - that was on the big hill I had drive up to get to Auntie Lulu's house. The at the top of hill it was all snow. We got home at 11:42 pm and went straight to bed. i am so thankful that I did not stay an extra night in Boston- I doubt I would have made it home today.

When we woke up this morning, there was 3-5 inches of snow on the ground. I already knew that Bug was going to be staying home today, but the snow this morning and the traffic reports confirmed it. I had calls for work this morning and Bug watched CARS and Clifford. After finishing the calls, Bug and I headed outside to shovel the driveway. After finishing the driveway, I took Bug for sled ride around the neighborhood. After that, we built Bug's first snowman in the backyard. I think we had a good time. Bug and I took a 3 hour nap (yeah, I know the entire long nap thing).

Here are pictures of our day:

Introducing Bug and Frosty the snowman (Bug's choice for his snowman's name) Frosty looking cool


Building him

Bug pulling his sled back to our house



Bug and Momma- picture taken by Policeman Adam who lives across the street from us.


Bug in the sled going around he neighborhood. He loved it. He is also almost too big for his sled- good thing there is a snow ski at Lulu's house that is supposed to come to our house.






Bug decided to put his face right into the snow and get a snow beard. Silly boy






Making snow angels in the front yard








Our driveway before it was shoveled








Bug shoveling the sidewalk up by the house. He is just too cute.




From the weather reports, Bug is going to be home tomorrow too (Yea- Momma's birthday present). They are saying we will get 1/2 inch of ice over night (power outages expected) and then we are supposed to get 4-6 more inches by 12 noon tomorrow. Altogether, we will get 13.5 inches of snow and ice between today and tomorrow.
I am off to make Bug some broccoli cheese rice for dinner.
Love to you,
Deb






1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I LOVE seeing the snow pictures!! On days like today though I'm glad I live in the south where we wore t-shirts and shorts!! Yep that's right not even long sleeves!