Friday, January 30, 2009

Part 2 of my whine about winter

Drivers are insane in the snow- seriously insane. I think some people actually only drive when it snows.

Seen today by Bug and me: driving south on the major thoroughfare in our neighborhood- the city regularly threatens to annex the shopping corridor on this street for tax purposes. Car in the right lane (our lane) stopped - no blinking lights, no nothing. Mother gets out of the car- gets into the backseat, takes out the child carrier seat and goes around the car, into the snow covered driveway, rings the doorbell and handed over the baby to the grandmother/daycare provider. The mother then walks back to the car- with about 20 cars waiting behind her because it is evening rush hour and both lanes are packed with cars- gets back in her car after giving me a friendly wave and drives off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seen at Frisch's - car parked on the ramp in between the handicap parking spots. It was like they were thinking that with snow and ice still on the parking lot, the lines for parking spaces don't count and intelligence is not applicable.

Seen today on multiple roads- staying in your lane is optional- driving straddling the lane is preferred. At evening rush hour as I drove to get Bug and as we were driving to my parents house, there were cars driving on lane lines- clearly visible.


According to my boss- we have 51 more days until Spring. I think I am going to add a counter to the blog- cause winter needs to end now.

We have 2 birth parties this weekend, MK2 turned 3 (YEAH) and i am celebrating my birthday- so there will lots of pictures to post.

And on a bright note- my driveway is clear of ice. It took 3 days to get it completely cleared, but it is done. The biggest help- SUNSHINE.

love and hugs,
Deb

No comments: