Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am tired of winer- can it be Spring now????

My mom and I were talking tonight- we are ready to pack up and move to Guatemala. We are sick of the snow and ice. More snow is expected tonight and anotehr large storm could be hitting us on Monday.

here is why I dislike snow and ice:
1. The roads are inconsistently crap. It would be OK if the roads were all crap or all good, but as I drove Bug to daycare this morning- the roads in our neighborhood and the main road were like driving on a pot hole filled road. The ice was inconsistently scrapped off and it made driving a bear. Once we got into the next municipality, the roads were completely clean, no ice, no snow, no problem. In my sister's neighborhood, the main roads were clear and the side roads (like her road) had not been touched. Yes, I know there are lots and lots of roads to clear, but at least clear the main roads. I drive the interstate home from my sister's house- it was a joke.

2. Drivers are complete idiots. While driving home from dropping off Bug, I came up on a truck stopped in the traffic lane, helping a car in the break down lane. The lights on the truck were off, so in the predawn darkness this morning, he (and it was a he) was very lucky that I did not slam into him as I attempted to break on the ice. I have no idea if anyone else hit him, but it would be a miracle if no one hit him or his truck. There is no excuse for stopping your truck on a highway, in the traffic lane, in the darkness, turning off your lights to help another driver. Pull over in front of them!!!

3. The grocery stores are packed with folks buying eggs, bread and milk- you would think the world was going to run out of food. I got home too late on Monday to stop for groceries before the storm hit, but we made it tonight. I guess everyone else decided to get out too- the sotre was packed with people just walkign around- just looking. The parking lot looked like the snowplow team jut looked at it- hoping to scare the snow and ice away. Bug and I walked the shopping cart to our car and needed help from 2 other shoppers to get the cart to our car thanks to the lack of plowing.

4. Neighbors or anyone who know a storm is coming, have room in their driveway but yet refuse to move their cars off he street. There are at least 20 cars in my neighborhood that have been plowed into permanent parking spaces. These same cars belong to houses that have room in their driveways to park the cars there in storms. I don't get it, if they parked their cars in their driveways, they would have clean driveways- but I guess they like a snow filled driveway and having to shovel out their cars.

5. Kids who sit inside all day rather than shovel the driveway. My neighborhood is filled with teenagers- not a single one was out shoveling snow. School has been closed for 3 days- these kids could have earned tons of money- heck I would have paid a teenager to shovel the snow yesterday and to shovel the ice off today. Bug is seriously knocking on doors as soon as he is 10 years old- little man could be earning some cold hard cash. heck, if he was just few years older, I would have gone around earning extra money yesterday.

OK, those are my rants about snow. I am ready for Spring- my seed catalogues have arrived, my birthday has passed, it is time for the Home and Garden show so I can start planning what I am going to be doing.

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hahaha! I am right there with ya. Our county is NOTORIOUS for not plowing the streets. There is seriously a distinct difference when you cross the county line. I am ready for warmth.

Loved your interview.