Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3 in Guatemala- Hanging at the hotel

Today, we had a quiet day at the hotel. We slept late and then after breakfast we did a little shopping.

Once we finished shopping (a ploy to wait until the pool was in more sun), we headed out to the pool to play.

After finishing swimming, Momma sat in the hot tub and Bug sat with me. It was way too hot for him to be in the hot tub, so he sat on the side and warmed his feet up.
Swimming. Bug learned to doggie paddle and he was all over the place. This is a good sign since he is usually velcro baby when he is in deeper water at the pool. There is hope that swimming lessons will go better this session then it did in the last session.

We played for 2.5 hours at the pool and I have the red shoulders and back to prove it. Bug is just a little brown bear now.


see-swimming alone


Jumping in.





While we shopped, we found a guitar for Nene. he has been playing it all day- he is watching discovery kids- I think "the adventures of Bindi"




more playing








My little guitar hero






Dancing to Doki- He loves Doki. Heck, I like Doki too







This morning at breakfast, Bug took over the picture taking. He has a unique perspective.
Mam taking her pills at breakfast





Momma laughing with Mam












The back of the chairs on the veranda











The pool - see all in shade. still a little cool- thus the reason to go shopping.




I need to sign off- tomorrow we are going to the amusement park instead of the Lake- and to be honest, I am more comfortable about going to the amusement park.
I wanted to also say that since bad things happen in 3s- Bug was touching all the navitiy sets at the hotel gift shop last night and he dropped and broke baby Jesus. I thought for sure I had bought a new navitiy set but the kind store owner told me it was not a problem. So even though it was a bad thing, still it was a good thing becuase the navitiy set cost $89.00.
Love to you,











1 comment:

Murph said...

Those pictures bring back such memories of being in the same hotel. I heard they changed ownership and was wondering if there are noticeable differences.
Kathy