Saturday, January 24, 2009

Playing with friends at toddler Otterville

We had a busy day today- but it was all fun.
We spent the morning in our jammies, cleaning the house and packing suitcases for my business trip tomorrow. I am traveling for 2 days. Bug is staying with Auntie Lulu while I am gone. I am praying for no snow on Monday evening so I can get home safe and sound to my Bug.

Pictures are as usual in reverse order-

We spent the afternoon at Toddler Otterville with N and his momma J and with the MKs.

MK2 turned 3 this month- where does the time go. She and Bug were loving the giant Lego's.
N is 2.25 years old, so Bug and MK2 are taller and he was not appreciative that they could reach higher to put the Lego's up. But it was all good.

The 3 friends. Bug and MK2 ran around the dance studio area for a good 30 minutes. I was shocked that Bug was not sound asleep in the car by the time we got to the highway. he stayed awake all the way home after playing hard for 5 hours.


This is at the water table area- of course, your tongue needs to be dried.


Yes, he tried the water under the dryer trick again- he was not getting wet- but he let N do it and get water all over him. Bug is way too smart.


I was wise this time- Bug had a complete change of clothes with me, down to water shoes so he could splash water all over the place.





The otter- of course Bug and N were terrified of him.





Bug and N on the slide. They were having a great time. Now for my soapbox rant. When your children are older (lets say 7-12 years old) and they bring the balls from the ball pit out of the pit and throw them onto the netting above the slides where the younger kids are playing and then start jump in up and launching the balls into the air- please stop them. The toddlers don't realize the balls will rain down on them and when the toddlers' parents are watching- you better believe that we will be getting the manager. Just because it is a play area- does not mean your kids get to hurt the little kids. Pay attention to your children and how their actions are impacting the rest of the kids.







We took a train ride outside- there was a train show at the store









Momma and Bug




J and N














Bug figured out that he could push the button with his foot- using less energy.












Playing house.









Being a good Poppi, pushing his baby after working hard all day as a police man.















Admiring himself in the mirror. I actually had to stage this picture- Little man kept walking right up to the mirror.































CHOO-CHOO

































We had lunch at McDonald's near my parents- Bug's request. I think after the time in Guatemala, he wanted to play on the play scape. But the older kids, whose parents were ignoring them, were racing through the play scape and scaring the little kids. Do you see the theme to our day- older kids, parents not watching and littler kids afraid or hurt. What is wrong with parents. I don't care how much you want to talk to your friends- you still have to watch your children.


















Bug did figure out how to get up to the next level. This ledge is too high for him to climb up. You have to stand on the balance disks and then get up- Bug figured out that he could stand on the disk and sit down onto the ledge.








































They put in a new video game- used to be a bicycle game that Bug could never reach the pedals for. Now it is a skateboard game. He liked this.






I am out of town on Sunday and Monday, I doubt I will blog while I am gone.
Love to you,
Deb








































1 comment:

Angie said...

Yes, other non-observant parents can be annoying. I don't get it either, but it is something you will be dealing with for years to come, I am afraid. As time goes, on, I swear parents get worse.