Sunday, March 30, 2008

Update- the wekend- no pictures

First Bug and I survived the weekend. there were points when I doubted that we were going to survive- Bug was in a mean mood and Momma was not having it. Bug spent a good portion of Saturday morning in time out. Momma spent a good portion of Saturday morning in timeout too. This is what happens when Bug bites Momma on the inside of her thigh and Momma needs to get away from Bug - he ends up in his crib screaming that he is sorry and I end up in my room cleaning.
So 1 clean room, 2 better attitudes- all is well. We also cleaned out Bug's closet. We took clothes to Once a upon a Child. it is consignment store for kids stuff. I took basically 2 laundry baskets of clothes- they bought 1/4 of the clothes- stating the rest were too worn, they had too much stock in those items or they did not sell those. I was kind of surprised at what they did not take- a never worn long sleeve Ralph Lauren shirt (perfect for church). So now, I think Nicole and Julie get first first dibs on the clothes and then they are going to charity.
Bug got a tricycle from the store- he loves it.

Sunday, we stayed home- too much stress to go to church and worry about diaper changes- so we cleaned some more and then I started doing 8 loads of laundry- YIKES. I stripped the beds and did the towels and did his clothes and my clothes- all hoping that warm weather would be coming. This week the nights will still be on the cold side, but that is what extra blankets are for. I feel good- things are done, things are getting organized.
We played outside before lunch- Bug got a wagon ride, we cleaned up the leaves that had blown up against the house during the winter. We cleaned windows, we played.
We watched NASCAR - unfortunately our drivers did not win- but it was fun. Then we took a ride on Bug's new tricycle - we only went up and down our street- but he loved being able to drive and steer. He even pedaled. After the ride, we walked down to the next block and around a cul-de-sac. Bug was worn out. It was a good day.

I know 6 weeks ago, I wrote how much I was looking forward to this weekend, since I would have 2 days off work and time with Bug. The first 3 days were hard- not much of break, but today made up for the struggle- it was a GREAT DAY. I feel rested and ready to get back to our normal routine.
Pictures tomorrow night.

Love to you,

No comments: