Wednesday, March 26, 2008

t minus 7 hours and counting

So in about 7 hours I will be waking up- yes I should be in bed now but I was finishing up work things so I would not worry about them while I am off for Bug's surgery and recovery.
I thought I was fine with this decision- but as it has gotten closer, I began to second guess my decision. So many times I was ready to call the hospital and cancel it. But then I realized that no matter what I decided to do, I would continue to second guess myself (welcome to Mommy hood), so surgery is still on for tomorrow morning. We leave the house at 5:15 am and if all goes well, we should be back by 12 noon at the latest. Bug is scheduled for the first surgery of the day-so hopefully all the nurses and the doctor are on time. There is no snow in the forecast, so that is a blessing. Don't laugh, it is still early Spring here, we could get some more evil white flakes from the sky.

So with that, I am off to bed or maybe to watch some TV. Love to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

1 comment:

Resplendentquetzal said...

I hope everything went well. When Ché had his surgery he took about a day, day and a half to get back to normal. He still winced at diaper changes, but ran and played liked normal.

Good luck to you. I cried like a baby when they put the anesthesia on, and when I saw him after in the little gown. He did however like play around the nurses' station desk.

One of the things that really helped ease our minds of the decision was talking to a cousin of mine (now 30 something), also adopted that didn't have the surgery done. He wishes that his parents had chosen to do so, because he's had trouble with infections, etc. That really helped us.

Take care, and it will definately be over soon.