Saturday, March 22, 2008

1st Easter Egg hunt

Today was a milestone- our first Easter egg hunt- ever- not only as a family, but ever!!!!

Bug ready to go- apparently all his people would be taking pictures of him, so he needed shades. The temperatures were in the 40s when we left the house, but they just about freezing by the time the egg hunt started- thus the reason for a winter coat, gloves and a hat. Riding the horse- Bug loves this horse when get together with the FTGA crew- he would happily stay on the horse all day.
We are lining up- Bug is less than thrilled at this point- he wanted to use the toy shopping cart he found in the playroom and was very upset that Momma would not let him take it out.

2 eggs right in front of him- he stared at them like they were the most stupidest things he had ever seen.
What eggs? Momma, what are you talking about, where am I supposed to look?
The first few eggs that Momma put in his basket. Yes, it is a soccer ball (football) themed basket
Oh, I get it now, pick them up and put them in my basket- OK!!! I can do this

Overflowing basket-
look Momma, so many, they keep falling out
Here are some more-I need them Momma- Help ME
Showing off our haul- Bug and E.
Showing Pap all the cool things- candy, erasers (NOTE- erasers for the 3 and under crowd, not good- first time Mommas might mistake them for candy- although if you ask me, I will deny that I told Bug it was candy!!!!!!!)
final picture of the hunt- swinging in the boat!!! yes, he has no coat- he refused to put it back on and we were only walking to the car. Then he saw the swings and I thought it was a perfect way to get a smile out of him


Playing with the firetruck. he had been eyeing it all morning and finally he got to play with it.
More horse riding- this time with M who taught him how to jump on the horses Meeting Mr. E. Bunny- Bug was not to keen on the Easter Bunny and actually refused to look at him until the very end- but I have our first Easter Bunny picture.
Checking out all the goodies-

Bug has started another toddler phase- he says WHY for everything you tell him. Yesterday it was about every 5 -10 questions, today it was every question. I am tired of it already.
We went to church tonight so we could have the morning to enjoy our first Easter together. Mam and Pap are coming over for our personal Easter Egg hunt- there are 17 plastic eggs hiding in the house (living room and dining room) for Bug to find, then Auntie Laura and her family will come over to visit, then we'll have dinner and then we are going to visit Grandpa Joe. Another busy day- but we are together.
We talked to Bug's first family tonight- Bug was so happy to speak with them- his whole face lit up when he heard their voices. It is getting to the point where I think we need a translator. Bug is talking so much and I know that Popi Carlos and Momi Mireya and the family can not understand him, and I am losing some of their questions as I try to translate with my pitiful Spanish. So I am going to ask some friends I know if they would be interested or know someone who could come over once a month on Saturday evening and translate for us while we talk on the phone. More on that later.
Have a blessed Easter- may you be surrounded with Love and Peace.
Deb AKA Momma Bug
Little Bug AKA Nene


1 comment:

Ann said...

Okay, we HAVE!!! to know where you found a sweater with a GREEN tractor on it. :-) As JD people that sweater would be VERY popular for so many people in the family. :-)

Happy Easter to you and Aiden!

Love,
Ann and Elianna