Friday, March 7, 2008

Our lives this week

We have quite a normal week for us. I am not sure that blogging each day is going to be an option- except for the fact that winter is ending and I will have hours of day light coming in the evening. But, it seems more and more Little Bug and I are just living life and with my work load right now and through this year, it seems unlikely that I can be blogging all the time, so I think I will be doing more of these types of posts--- the whole week on one day.

Working backwards from today: Friday AKA snow day. I managed 4 hours of work but Little Bug was home with me for the entire day due to the bad weather. These are pictures from late in the day after about 4 inches of snow was on the ground- but we are expecting another 10 inches through the day on Saturday, so this is just the beginning.

Bug with the biggest chuck of the snow he could fine.
Traipsing through the side yard.
I decided that I wanted to get the snow off the driveway- I have shoveled 14 inches of snow before (in Michigan) and it is not fun. So the more frequent trips out to shovel smaller loads, is better. Bug decided that he wanted to bring his tractor out too.
In the end, he was shoveling snow too. But I really noticed something- thanks Tammy for pointing it out last night- I am pretty hard on Bug. I expect him to think and act like an older child, but he is only 2.5 and his behaviors are the age appropriate. For example, at this point in the picture, I wanted him to push the snow sideways, and he wanted to push it toward the street. It was bugging me and frustrating to me that he did not see that pushing it to the side was easier. But then it dawned on me that he was not interested in easy, he wanted fun and pushing it all the way down the driveway was fun- so I let him. Soon after this, a photographer for the community newspaper stopped by and asked to take his picture. If you want to see those pictures, email me or add a comment with your email and I will send you the link. I will not post the link out here because it will include our full names and our city. I might copy the photos over here later this week though
Sitting in the backyard- loving the time outside and in the snow.

This is from this morning. bug got antsy with me trying to work and before a conference call (1 hour long), I took him outside in the hopes that it would wear him down. the tractor worked much better in the light snow, but it was much colder or at least the wind was blowing so much more. We went back inside after 10 minutes.
Before we went in, Bug was heading down the street- the wind at our back
This is coming back to our house, with the wind coming directly into his face- he is smiling
When the tires get too full of snow, you just have to push your tractor
But off roading is still doable

Thursday, Tammy and Y came over. Bug had some behaviors that I have not seen from him - he took every toy that Y picked up out of her hands. it really drove me nuts. Tammy seemed fine with it and she kept telling me it was OK. I do expect him to play better with kids, but at the same time, he really only sees other kids once a week. So, Auntie Lulu is arranging playdates for Bug now and I am committing to getting together with friends and kids weekly. Bug needs more more time with other kids his own age and he needs to practice sharing. But his behavior is normal and is age appropriate, it is just that he does not do these behaviors in nursery, so it is shocking to see him do it at home.


Monday night, bath night- my handsome little guy.
He is now insisting on taking pictures- this is me as he sees me
Trying to explain to him which button to push and how to do it.
I was happy- he is ecstatic
Happy night



Sunday- NASCAR- Bug showing what bump drafting is. Note, buses are part of NASCAR in this house.
All lined up. I think Easter Bunny is going to be bringing Bug some more cars. I have the 8 and 3 staked out at the grocery store, but I need ideas on where else to find cars- most have come from Uncle Dave or cereal boxes.
See, even the bus gets into the the race
Sitting in the rocking chair during the commercial while waiting for the race to be back on.
A little tongue action- this is face he shows me quite frequently and I really don't like it. It is usually in response to me telling him something he does not want to hear. I swear, the toddler attitude is not a fun attitude. Even funnier is the fact that he now asks me if he has a "bad attitude" since I tell him "to get a better attitude". he also now puts himself in time out. So I must be doing something right in all my mistakes.
Since we are going to be house bound tomorrow- there is a good chance I might post more pictures. Elaine, for you, yes bug and I went to the grocery store on Thursday night to get milk. We had enough for one more TU and I had planned on grocery shopping on Friday night. I will say,we got milk, cheese and kielbasa- nothing else. But I am making french toast tomorrow morning.
If you are experiencing the same winter storm that Bug and I are dealing, we wish safety for you.
love and hugs to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug




1 comment:

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

However you decide to blog will still be a joy to us all!!! I love reading up on you and Little Bug to see how you are doing! He is growing so fast.....and can you believe this weather? We were in shorts over the weekend and snowsuits by mid week! It is crazy! Hang in there.....time with Little Bug is precious!
Misty
www.fairytaleprincesses.blogspot.com/