Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snowy Saturday--Updated with pictures





UPDATED to add pictures. Blogger will only let me upload one at a time, so here are a handful to show you our day

I would love to share photos with you- but Blogger has failed to upload them 3 times and I am frustrated, so I will try again tomorrow. Of course the toddler who refuses to go to sleep might be fueling my frustration- this is the 4th night in a row that he just calls down the hallway for up to 45 minutes. It is driving me nuts.

So our day in words-
6 am, Bug wants up, but I convinced him that another 2 hours hanging out sleeping in momma's bed was a good thing.
8:30 am- we are sitting down to home made french toast and juice.

9 am- house cleaning started- we got my bath room scrubbed - really Bug watched and asked me what I was doing every 2 seconds- but it was motivation to get it done. We installed 1 new register (heating/AC) in the bathroom- the old was so rusty. The new one is plastic, but it will not rust since it sits on the tile floor.
I attempted to install a new register in my bedroom, but I need a small coping saw thing, because the baseboards are about 1/4 inch into the space that the register needs. The registers come in 15 inch or 18 inch size. The 15 inch one would be 3 inches too short, the 18 inch is a 1/4 inch too big. Thankfully, Pap has a saw and he might let me borrow it.
10 am- out to shovel the nearly 10 more inches of snow that we got overnight. Bug was not happy that we could not find the small shovel for him and he had a temper tantrum in the driveway.


Yes, that is Little Bug WALKING in the snow- up to his butt- as cute as it is in his snowsuit

















After shoveling snow, we played with M across the street- she had a snow fort made up and she was a riot with Bug. Of course she still does not get that he is smaller and she kept wanting him to run through the snow after her or to race. The snow came to her knees and it came Bug butt- so he ended up falling quite frequently in the snow. Finally he had a enough and we headed back inside.
We had some hot tea and girl scout cookies and then it was nap time. We all, Bug, Uncle Dave and I, napped for 3 hours. It was great.
We got up at 2:45, watched some NASCAR practice, then put up the tent for Bug and played in the tent for the rest of the afternoon.

We had some dinner, Uncle Dave left to get gas and Bug and read books and then he went to bed.

So it was a great day, it felt nice not to have to go anywhere or do anything structured. I do wish I had cleaned the kitchen, but it will be there another day. It was fun playing in the snow and tent with Bug and just having a relaxing day.

Tomorrow we are off to help Pap shovel his snow, then probably taking Mam down to Grandpa Joe's so she can visit with him.
Maybe blogger will let me post pictures tomorrow.

Love and hugs to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

The snow looks fun...Sabrina didn't have any boots so we didn't play in it but she isn't a fan of cold so I'm not sure she would have enjoyed it much me than I would have!