Thursday, March 27, 2008

Surgery update- we are home- doing well

Bug is now home and resting. We got home around 9:45 am after getting to the hospital at 6 am. Bug went back to pre surgery area around 6:45 am and was in surgery at 7:45. His surgery was about 10 minutes- then it was another 20 minutes before Bug was in the recovery room so I could back to him.

I got yo hold him when he was put to sleep with the anesthesia and I was there when he finally woke up. He was not happy either time- crying and fighting with everyone. But the doctor and nurses told me that was normal behavior and not to worry.

We left the hospital about 40 minutes after the surgery ended. Once home Bug played for a little while and then we took a 2 hour nap.

The worst part so far is the crying when Bug has a wet diaper- it stings and he is very uncomfortable. He starts whimpering at first and then it becomes a full cry. So now at the first sign of whimpering, I change his diaper. he is being given Tylenol (acetaminophen) every 4 hours. The doctor said I could alternate with Motrin if I wanted, but it was not necessary.

I am supposed to give him clear liquids for the day- but he is refusing anything except Sprite/7 up and his fruit snacks. i am going with the premise that if he wants it, then it is OK. he says he wants PIZZA for dinner- we might give it a try.

Thanks for all your prayers and good thoughts- more this evening.

Love to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

No comments: