Monday, March 24, 2008

Growing Up-Big and Strong

The title is lifted from a Rich Mullins' song- but Bug is growing up. As much as I try to hold on to this precious time, he is growing up. Growing up means becoming more independent. Our jobs as parents is to rasie, strong, confident, independent children who become strong, confident, indepenedent adults. Each little baby step he takes is a step toward being that person. So the long march to adulthood has really started and journey that will take years has begun, even though I know time will fly by for me and soon, I will turn around and find myself looking into the face of my precious son- all grown up.

So these are the pictures to document the start of the journey: Brushing teeth. He does it al by himself- Momma's job is to put the tooth paste on the tooth brush and sing the teeth brushing song:

S's daddy has a farm- EIEIO
and on his farm he has some tractors EIEO
With a red one here and a blue one here, here a tractor, there a tractor, everywhere a tractor
S's daddy has a farm EIEIO

S's daddy has a farm EIEIO
andon his farm he has some vacas (cows) EIEIO
with a momma here and a baby here, here a vaca, there a vaca, everywhere a vaca
S's daddy has a farm EIEIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sometimes I add a verse about the chickens, but this usually does it for us both. It never fails to make us smile and reminds us of S and the fun at the farm with them.

Bug can put his shirt on, but I forgot to take the pciture. he loves to put his pants on- one leg at a time.
Pulls up he pants
Checks the zipper
Socks go on one foot at a time
Then the other foot
Put on the shoes and make sure they are tight and Bug is ready for the day.

So much of a change. Where does the time go and how do I bottle these time so i can savor it?

We have a hectic week coming up- it is likely that I will not have pictures until Friday or Saturday. Bug has surgery on Thursday morning. I will post how he is doing once we get home and I get him settled.

Love and hugs to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug and
Little Bug who is growing up- BIG and STRONG

No comments: