Saturday, December 15, 2007

The weather outside is frightful, but deocrating cookies is delightful

last weekend was the originally planned date for the toddlers and mommas together and decorate Christmas cookies. With my trip to Michigan, we pushed cookie decorating to this weekend- probably not the best idea.

All week long the weather forecasters have been talking about the winter storm headed our way. Some forecasts had us getting 1-3 inches of snow, while other talked about a mix of weather.

At 8 am thins morning- there was no rain, snow or ice in our area. At 9 am, this is what our neighborhood looked like. By 10 am (the start of cookie baking), we were getting freezing rain as the snow ended and the rain began, I really thought no one would be coming over. So, I got out the icing, the cookies and the sprinkles and set Little Bug and I up at the table so we could decorate the 5 dozen cookies I baked on Friday.
I frosted the cookies and Little Bug decorated them.
Around 10:30- MK1 and MK2 showed up at our door- I was shocked. But since the weather was now moving fully into rain- I knew they could get home without issue- after the stayed for awhile. So, I got them out some frosting, decorating sprinkles and put the cookies between us. Little Bug was determined that MK2 had enough cookies and kept offering them more - one right after the other.
This is the end results- "would you like some cookie with your sprinkles". I think I will be sweeping up sprinkles for months. But MK2 and Little Bug enjoyed it.
The MKs stayed through lunch, through Christmas videos and through the 2 hour nap that MK2 and Little Bug took.

It was a good day. The rain continues tonight and then around dawn tomorrow, the snow will start again. They are saying we will get 1-3 inches of snow by 12noon. So tomorrow, i will be cleaning off my driveway and then heading over to my parents to help them out. Little Bug will be wearing his full snowsuit and boots- look for pictures- I think we might even make a snow man.


Love to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

1 comment:

MaryMoo said...

Probably a good thing you didn't send me the cookies! I would have ended up with a boxful of sprinkles....which come to think of it is probably not a bad thing!!