Thursday, December 13, 2007

life with a toddler - ah the joys!!!

So, no favorite Friday foto being posted- I think I am going to have a Super Saturday Foto instead this week.


Little bug has started some fun new behaviors- all age appropriate and very cute. He "pretends". Here he is at dinner on Wednesday night pretending to be asleep while he eats. I would like to say that this cute to watch because he wants me to watch "watch, momma" is the phrase he uses. then he checks to see that I am watching before he does his pretending.I am going to say that sleeping while eating must be a man thing- because here is Uncle Dave doing the same pretending. Clearly they both think I made a wonderful, exciting meal
This is probably my favorite photo this week. Little bug, who screamed at bath time when he first came home, now thinks he is a fish. He is completely putting his head under the water during bath time. I think swimming lessons have helped tremendously in this area. He spent class time on Monday night trying to stick his head in the fountains at the pool. Yes, he is now looking for ways to get wet. Incredible.
Tonight Little Bug got to experience his first high school music concert. we spent 2 hours listening to music from the orchestra and band (middle and high school) in order to hear cousin Jason play 6 notes (Pap counted them). I am surprised that Little Bug lasted the entire concert - he did have a few moments where he wanted out of the building, but for the most part, he "drummed" along in time with the beat of the music. He definitely likes music. I wonder how soon i can put him in music lessons? Any thoughts?


My final musing for the evening: what is up with people in Michigan? When I visited my friends this last time and previous times, I have been struck by the fact that everyone in my friend's neighborhood leave their garage doors up and open through out the day- does not matter the weather- the garage doors are open. No, they are not always working outside in the yard. Why is this? What is the purpose?
here where I live, that would be an invitation for your house to be robbed. Personally I would not do it, I just wonder why it is the norm for folks in southeast Michigan to do it.

Love to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Through goodness knows how we found an in home music class. A lady from Chile runs it out of her home, and the kids sing songs, do movements, play instruments, etc. Ché loves it! We go once a week, and it is so great. He also would sit through a 2 hour concert if it was for music. (We once made it through 4 bands at a competition ~1.5 hours.)

I would look around your area, and see what you can find. Check out the library, ask other Moms, etc. I'm sure someone in your area has a music class for toddlers too.

Take care!