Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It was a good day

How do I put into the words the emotions of these last few days. It was a joy and blessing to be celebrating Christmas with Little Bug, to be a family, to realize that my dream came true. I can't explain it all and I am too tired to try and figure out which emotions are the overriding ones right now- the joy and happiness or the exhaustion, so I will leave you pictures of our days and nights.

First- Pap gave Little Bug a shirt with his family nickname on it. The front says "dreams come true" and the back speaks for itself. This is the name that Little Bug calls himself and is the name that most of us use on a regular basis with him.
On Christmas eve, Little Bug and I made the breakfast casserole for Christmas morning. I cooled the sausage, cut the bread, cut the veggies, mixed the eggs and Little Bug layered the pan with the bread and cheese. He was such a good helper- although when he picked up the serrated knife, he was kicked out of the kitchen and when he did later a second time, he was put down for a nap. Scared me half out of my mind.

Asking me if it was "OK?" His apron was a prize in a raffle on Holly and Julie's (Mckenzie Crew's) blogs. He loves to help in the kitchen and wear his apron.
After his nap- he was a dancing machine - quite entertaining.
We are now at Christmas Morning, although a little out of order. These are the BIG trucks he got from Mam and Pap
Toddler sized seats apparently. He thought these were cool, but......

heck, you have to wait for it. This is Christmas eve at my mom's family. I tried to get video, but the video camera did not work- CVS is certainly going to hear from me- now I have no video for Little Bug's first family- I guess I need to save up for a real video camera.
Having a TU with momma . Little Bug was up way past his bed time and he was very overwhelmed. So many people and so much going on. But he held up the entire night in spite of my attempts to get him to a quiet area of the house and get him to sleep before we left. He fell asleep in the car on the way home.
Momma and Uncle Dave put out the presents and set up the train (a gift from us both), then we went to bed at 11:20 pm- a long day and night.
Christmas morning came at 8 am- right on schedule. The plan was to have Little Bug sleep as long as possible. he slept until 7:45 and Mam and Pap showed up at 8 am just as I was thinking about getting Little Bug up from the rocking chair where we were sitting.
The train was the hit- he was so happy to play with it, he really was not too much into any other gift. The nice thing about this train set is that we can add on to it and all the cars, buses, etc also ride on the same tracks as the train. So Little Bug got the police car too- which he loves.
Yep- this was the gift. I think I could have stopped here and Little Bug would never have known the difference.

Pap got a gift that Little Bug was interested in- a M&M dispenser that is shaped like a firetruck. Little Bug was all for getting the M&Ms out of the truck and into his mouth!!!!!

Pap- they come out here!!!!
Having some juice- with cousins Tink and Pink (Jason) in the background. yes, Jason's hair is still pink and thankfully Mam prints out my blog for Pap to read so Pap was well prepared for the shock of the hair.
Toys, Toys and more toys. Little Bug got 5 more puzzles from me- he does like them. He also got backyardigans bath toys- a pirate ship and other toys. He got a dress up Mickey Mouse- teaches him how to button, zip, buckle, etc. For those of us at a certain age- much like a Dressy Bessy or a dapper Dan doll.
I think Little Bug like Christmas and tonight I think he was worried all the presents would disappear since the appeared under the tree this morning. At least I think that is what was going on his mind tonight- it might explain the tantrum at bedtime and the resistance to sleeping in his room.

For dinner, we headed over to Mam and Pap's. Lots of good food and family. Little Bug is the sticker KING. He loves his stickers. He was putting them all over Pap and Pap was not too happy.

See- stickers on multiple fingers!!!
This Christmas was so much more than I ever imagined. I understand now why people say that seeing Christmas through the eyes of child is so special. My presents, while lovely and wonderful, are nothing compared to watching my son play with his toys and enjoying his family. Like the story says- Christmas is not the presents, the wrapping, the food- but sharing with each other in celebrating LOVE.
And our wonderful day ended with a call to Guatemala to speak with Popi Carlos, Momi Mireya and Susy. There is nothing better than a perfect ending to a perfect day-- We love you and send all of our love to you and your family. Feliz Navidad y Feliz Nuevo Ano!!!!!!!
I hope and pray that you had someone to share the LOVE with this holiday.
Love to you all,
Deb AKA Momma Bug




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, Your post brought tears to my eyes! So glad that you and Aidan are a forever family. And, you are right...there is nothing like Christmas through the eyes of a child!