Wednesday, December 26, 2007

hang out- a good day part 2

We had another busy (apparently another new momma mistake- but I am learning) today. Pictures are in a sort of order, so bear with me.

Tonight we took Mam to the zoo to see the lights- apparently every other family in the city had the same idea. Note to self- see the lights before the holiday, there will be less people. Little Bug was not to pleased to be out and he was not having any part of Mam. More on that later. Saw the tree with the train again
Finally got a semi-decent picture of Little Bug with Mam
Saw the huge penguin (not a hit) and the walrus was even a worse thing in Little Bug's eyes
In the middle of the day- I hit the mother load. Who knew that such treasure was lurking in my neighbors houses. Let's go back. I am driving home after taking Little Bug to the park and I see on the side of the road in the trash- a child size table with 2 chairs. Nothing is apparently wrong with the items, they are just in the trash. So sucking up my pride, in braid daylight, I went back and got the table and chairs from the trash. Remember for Little Bug's birthday I was considering getting him a table and chairs. Well, he got them today- I could not wait another 8 months. This is on top of the find from our morning walk (see below)

I took Bug out for a walk this morning- really me pushing him in the stroller- but it was outside in the sunshine and he was enjoying it. On the way, I spied this table- yes it needs a little work, but there is nothing wrong with it that a coat of paint can't fix. So I pulled it home and pushed the stroller at the same time. I am sure my neighbors are wondering about me. I had to take it then as another neighbor stopped by in his car to look at it. For some reason he drove off. I think I scored big time today. I have a table and 2 chairs for Little Bug- I will probably paint them another color. The table is perfect for my office- it will hold my phones and my files. Once it is painted cream it will be a wonderful addition. I will share pictures once I am done painting them.
I also stopped by the consignment shop today to see what their policy was for bring in items that Little Bug has outgrown (clothes) or ages out of (toys). While there, I found this rocking chair for Little Bug. He loves it. When i told him we were going to the zoo with Mam, he said he wanted to stay home 'our house, rock). So tomorrow he can have the entire morning and afternoon to rock before we go to see the trains 9he wants to see them)
And I found this sandbox!!!! Now I just need the weather to change and to get some bags of sand for it and Little Bug is set. Our backyard is going to be rocking this year.
This morning, Little Bug got up and wanted to play with his trains. He insisted that I play with him, but he refused to give me a train to play with- so I took pictures.
He was having a great time playing.
Since the weather was nicer- in the 40s, we headed out to the park. Little Bug was happy swinging and playing. We got to walk and see things, pick up sticks, see the doggies and learn where all the mud was.
we also went to the squirrel races
And the elephant races!!!

I did learn that Christmas is stressful for kids and over scheduling is bad. Little Bug's naps are all off and bed time is a disaster. His nap today consistent of 1 hour of crying over various things and then 1 hour of sleeping on my shoulder. bedtime last night was 1 hour of crying over various things and then finally sleeping through the night. Tonight was better- 10 minutes of crying over various things and then he fell asleep. Hopefully his sleep will improve over the next few days before I have to go back to work.
Love to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug

No comments: